You cannot log in until the character update process you recently initiated is complete

Just a quick TLDR; For 1 week ago I purchased a facion change on my hunter on retail. But after a few hrs I contacted support and asked them kindly if they would refund my faction change and so they did. But now a week later im not able to log on to my hunter because it says “You cannot log in until the character update process you recently initiated is complete” I did a quick google search and found a bluepost telling me I had to contact support to get this issue fixed.

Today I got a message from A GM telling me: After carefully checking your account and character, I can see the character is not locked. However, we are recently facing an issue where some players are unable to log into their characters on The Burning Crusade Classic realms.

Currently, we don’t have any steps to try and fix the situation, but we are already working on it.

We understand this isn’t what you wished, but we hope it answered your questions. Thank you for all your patience through this situation

What do I do? This isnt burning crusade realms, its retail. Im kinda confused does this after 1 week i dont get to play my character on retail because they are having issue on a different game and client?

Reopen the ticket and politely correct the GM. I think they are describing a different issue.

2 Likes