You have retail

• If you want to 1-shot mobs with your spells, you have retail.
  • If you want to delete bosses with your heirlooms, you have retail.
  • If you want to start running through a dungeon without even saying “hello”, you have retail.
  • If you want to just try to chase the fastest mobility group member while running among corpses, you have retail.
    … And if you want to idle in SW/Orgri while making dinner or taking care of your kids until the music of the RDF dings, you have retail.

The reason for Classic to exist is having a slow paced game. The reason for Classic to exist is not having RDF. Putting RDF in a special mode made to not have RDF beats its purpose.

Sure, RDF has many advantages, I also have now a job and a family, and I’m also aware that I won’t be able to do all the raids and all the content, but the reason for Classic to exist is because of avoiding RDF. I perfectly understand the ones who want RDF, so please understand us, the ones who don’t want it, I won’t go to retail forums to ask to remove RDF, so please don’t come here to ask for introducing it.

Let us, the non-RDFers have our place at Classic, and if you want to go RDF, you still have retail.

Please.

17 Likes

If retail was a good game with good class design and no borrowed powers and no realm wide layers and less itemlevel impact and a better story and overall depth it might still not be close to the orignal wotlk, that was the most played and liked expansion ever and still is today on private servers.

Thinking any classic expansion with RDF is the very same game as retail, is delusional.

Main reasons for RDF:
On mega-servers: LFG-chat is unusable and Bulletin is still a pain with all people spamming
On low-pop servers: Not enough players to form groups for all the content
Solution by Blizzard back in the day: RDF! and while it had downsides, the upsides were more important and the majority of people liked it.

Btw. the argument “if you want RFD go retail” is worse than “if you dont like RDF go vanilla/tbc”, because it was actually part of wotlk and staying true to the intention of faithful recreation of old content. Every expansion had changes and new features and at some point most classic players didnt like the game anymore. Its different for everyone and everyone has their favorite expansion. If you think wotlk features arent ment for you, its not your expansion. And thats ok, the majority of players will love original wotlk with RDF (release or 3.3.0).

Just ask for tbc era servers and we will support you, since it makes sense to have those. Dont try to turn wotlk into vanilla/tbc+.

17 Likes

Even without RDF, you will rush throught the WotLK dungeons. They are short and not hard.

3 Likes

Retail having issues is not a reason to turn Classic into retail. Ask to fix retail, not to take over Classic.

No, sorry, WotLK Classic is not WotLK. Nobody is asking to turn WotLK into anything. But it’s indeed being asked to turn Classic into retail.

2 Likes

Are you for real? This argument “you dont like tbc/wotlk features? just play retail!” is pathetic. Every expansion has changes. Every expansion and every change is a step towards “retail” because that was the timeline, that Blizzard said to “faithfully recreate”. Some people liked vanilla the most, some tbc, some wotlk, some cata and so on. Every expansion is somewhat different by design, because new expansion means changes. If you dont like a design, its time to stop/play era servers. Its that simple. Blizzard didnt announce they want to alter the classic series into vanilla+ by excluding core features, they were talking about faithful recreation. Small changes are always debatable and often make sense, but excluding the defining features of an expansion because its not like vanilla (=more retail like) is a bad joke at best.

7 Likes

No way! Classic is so much more than LFD / no LFD. It is so many other things,

You have Retail if you want;

• to be a quasi-immortal superhero just like anybody else.
  • to be told where to go not by reading Quest texts byt by following golden arrows.
  • scaling zones.
  • hand holding, linear quest lines
  • Quest help in the map.
  • all classes to have auto-heal, CC etc.
  • no need to feed pet, buy ammo …
  • super-fast, risk free levelling.
  • Shared kills,
  • personal loot
  • professions that are laughable parodies
  • achievemens that are not updated
  • etc. etc. etc.

And Classic if you want

• to be able to think for yourself
  • have professions and classes that make a difference
  • … Don’t get me started, I could go on all day.

Wrath Classic should be Wrath not a Retail makeover, nor a Vanilla makeover.
Let Wrath Classic be as close as possible to the original.
LFD was in Wrath originally. It should be in Wrath Classic, but NOT at launch.

12 Likes

Shall I tell you a secret? I don’t WANT Retail!

1 Like

Or maybe if you dont want rdf you can go back to tbc or vanilla and let people who want wotlk enjoy wotlk ?

1 Like

Well said. I don’t know why these Vanilla fans want to turn Wrath classic into Vanilla+ . They have their era servers and season of mastery so if they like it so much they should just play there.

For me…There was a reason I didn’t play vanilla classic and most of tbc classic. I just don’t like multiple aspects of those versions of the game. And you did not hear me complaining that they should change to suit my tastes.

Wrath on the other hand…I like everything about it. LFD , heirlooms , dual spec , wintergrasp , multiple raid difficulties…etc. The main reasons I play tbc classic today are nostalgia and to prepare for the actually good classic expansion.

Ever since they announced classic I and many other people have been looking forward to Wotlk classic…Not some Vanilla-fied version of it.
To make things worse these people are clearly in the minority ( from every poll I’ve seen ) and Blizzard is listening to them for some reason.
I just hope Blizz will see reason and add LFD in phase 2 or 3.

6 Likes

Actually I love Vanilla, and play at the Era server, but I still want Wrath to be Wrath, and not Vanilla :wink: I hope we all will make enough noise to convince them … and to get a couple of BCC Era servers for the BCC lovers-

5 Likes

if classic had mogs and token i would give it a shot tough…

Not having RDF is still part of the “Wrath experience” at least until ICC.

2 Likes

Adding it in ICC phase would at least make sense…unlike what they are planning to do right now. I would accept LFD in ICC phase even if personally Id like it a bit earlier to make leveling/gearing alts more fun.
Removing it completely is just so heavy-handed when it was a big part of original Wotlk that many people enjoyed.

2 Likes

here fixed it for you

1 Like

Go back to Vanilla/SoM if WotLK isn’t for you

1 Like

Both are true.

But, you are acting like having a Wrath experience must include RDF. It’s not true.

You do realise that RDF was part of the WotLK experience…no?

“But, you are acting like having a Vanilla experience must include Battlegrounds. It’s not true.”

That’s the level of argument we are confronted with.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have mind a patch progress. But it’s too much work and may include bug/exploit.

How so? Even private servers can make it work (not exploitable, easy to activate/deactivate the dungeon finder tool) and if its too much work, why did battlegrounds got included later in vanilla classic? Of course its work, but that is what we pay Blizzard for.

1 Like