You know the lore is bad

when the forums are this dead.

1 Like

to be fair this is the eu forum nothing we say here matters its a echo chamber the devs don’t even read this forum

4 Likes

I’ve been here since Cataclysm and it was never this bad

1 Like

just wait when blizzard forces the sylv redemption arc, it will be as crowded as when bfa prepatch warbringers released

Well. no one cares about the peoples of the Shadowlands, so topics like the mystery of the Brokers kinda fall flat. Sure, there is obviously more under the surface, but we don’t have a reason to care. Especially considering that we all expect the Shadowlands stuff to be limited to this addon, like WoD was.

Sylvanas, her motives and her redemption have been talked to death. Not just since Shadowlands, but since Teldrassil. We still get threads about it, but we’re mostly going through the motions on that one.

The evil cosmic masterplan of ultimate death is a) stupid and b) too vague to have anything to go by. So there is neither much of a compelling interest in it, nor do we have anything that would help us speculate.

Anduin’s arc can be talked about… but we are practically in agreement where that is going in Shadowlands, so that’s no fun. This isn’t an Anduin arc, it’s a Sylvanas arc, and Anduin will in some way be saved. He will have enough PTSD to get some angsty dialogue, and not enough to prevent him from being a superhero. Done.

9.1 promises us more of the same, nothing new at all. The big reveal of Death Knight Anduin was called by everyone and their grandmother when we saw the choice-cinematic.

So what’s left? Speculation about what will happen on Azeroth, once the devs get back to doing things in the places we care about. Well… We do that. Halfheartedly. But we do that every addon.

4 Likes

But it wasn’t this dead back in BfA.

1 Like

They need to drastically shift their focus in the next expansion. So far they’ve tried two themes: the “faction war” theme and and the “big bad trying to destroy the world” theme. Both have been done badly and to death over the lifespan of this game.

So what should they do? In my opinion they should go back to the more personal and sandbox-y model. Focus on the individual races, their life, culture and local problems. Make the world matter again, make it feel alive. Focus on some local villains for dungeons and regional villains for the epic raid feeling. Keep the faction conflict contained to small skirmishes over the local resources.

Just my two cents.

6 Likes

Who knew exhausted themes make for more dead threads. Or at least, inane echo chambers.

There are just less interesting things to talk about overall from a story/lore perspective due to the lack of depth Blizzard has employed. Not saying that Blizzard has any care or regard for story at all, far from it, but what they’ve produced so far does not deliver anything akin to feeling personal around it bar few niche, character-only focused scenarios. With those characters already being awfully controversial or exhausted themselves (I.E Baine, Anduin, Sylvanas, Jaina, Thrall etc.)

This lack of clout, alongside the story’s tendency to be love broad brush strokes and awful worldbuilding and methods of presentation delivers… well, this.

I find myself more often interested in talking about affairs on Azeroth or one or two things about the Covenants, less and less about the Jailer, Sylvanas and Anduin with each passing day.

2 Likes

Tbh, the story forum never really talked about the big plot stuff. Neither here, nor in the US. We never really talked about Deathwing, because everyone knew who was going to fail. Same with Argus and the Legion and Nzoth and everything else. The only topic we´ve got where 2 or 3 posts about “what if we loose and get an post apocalyptic azeroth?” Then again, we get these posts every expac. So yeah, there really isnt that much to discuss. Will the jailer fail? Sure. Will there be something with the Arbiter? Probably. Who cares. Will Anduin live? Yes. Will Sylvanas live or die? Yes.

Thinking about it, what are the topics that are the most feverish talked about?

1. Who has a legal claim to Lordaeron
  2. is Sylvanas bad or the best warchief ever
  3. Muh Camp Taurajo
  4. Muh Night Elf always get beaten
  5. Muh Southshore/ Gilneas/ Andorhal/ Stormheim
  6. Random Alliance character is totally evil and will backstab us all, you´ll see! The Horde cant be ALWAYS the bad guy! (It will. No, the Alliance character will remain the good guy.)
  7. Was the purge of dalaran and the 5 people that died there a genocide?
  8. Jaina is totally a war crimical and a monster and must be punished and killed for her many crimes (she wont)
  9. Muh Stormwind is an opressive human supremacist empire full of colonizers (it isnt)
  10. Genn will totally take over power and cant be trusted (He wont. He can.)

Probably forgot some, but you get the general idea about what drives passionate discussion here.

1 Like

This is always the funniest topic. I remember reading a crazy Horde fanboy once who claimed that Jaina should be raped by 40 orcs as punishment… Yeah, that’s the kind of nutjobs who play Horde.

But worry not, Jaina will never be punished, for she has nothing to be punished over in the first place.

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.1572792473.2568/ur,mask_flatlay_front,product,600x600.jpg

are you that daft? generalizing based one person? brainboy

Don’t talk to me.

shouldn’t have come to forums then

lol, take your imaginary battles some place else

Not just an echo chamber but the same few trolls retreading the same foolishness stifling any reasonable discussion on the lore with roleplayed stubbornness and faction pride.

1 Like

Alas the horde playerbase has a lot of mentally ill people in it including the devs lets not forget that one blizzcon where alliance players got verbally abused and thrown slurs at this is not the conduct of a mature or responsible playerbase or devs

Still never a great idea to generalize.

It’s what started these stupid problems in the first place.

Jaina is a war criminal and I hope that serveral Grunts get their way with her. And then she gets killed. Punishment for the war criminal is to come.

Alliance deserves nothing but suffering.

they love you too erevien now take those pills :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes