You should change how ilvl can be shown

Having my main tank blast through Heroic no problem during the first weeks is fine and fun.

Trying to get my 445 Alt into a NORMAL mode is like pulling teeth. The player base has become -obsessed- with ilvl, believing ‘big num big good’ (aka, just do some PvP and get into raids with ‘high ilvl no exp’?) Mythic+ is the same on my alts, nightmare to get into even a +2… Then I log onto my Main to sign up just for fun and literally don’t press Accept and have them whispering me going “pls, i need this” or “begging join pls?” - when two seconds ago they were trying to say how ‘nooby and bad!’ my alt is - haha, it’s just mental…

I actually joined a raid once with a guy I remember declining me, and he was soooo low in the DPS meters with about 3 ilvl more than my alt…

Even if linking Ahead of the Curve or directing them to RaiderIO it’s met with “lol no nooob! only 445 uuugh!” … for Normal mode. Pretty sure I cleared 9/12 heroic on my Tank at 450 week one or two…

They should make it so you can search for people you want in your raid based on actual experience using the Armoury on their mains or any character and then set an ‘in between’ ilvl limit.

Aka, when making a group, you can:

First - Make it so only those that have a certain amount of kills in the raid, of that tier, across any chara (WoW Armory already tracks this so that’s possible)

Second - Make it so you can also set an ilvl requirement that has an in between, so ‘between 440 to 450’ and can only go up in increments of 5 or 10.

To confirm - I’m not saying you also get rid of the settings now; just add more settings to the LFG so those people with that mindset can live in their own corner of the world.

Addons like the much hated raider io show (used to show) mains raid progress.

Numpties will be numpties and find a way to decline. Join a community or make friends.

1 Like

ilvl reduces that “badness” factor.
Sure if the player with 470 is terrible at the game he still does more dmg that the terrible player with 445.
if you pug you will notice that 90% are terrible so they want to increase their odds of brute forcing the dungeon/raid

after the first 2 weeks it is always much much harder to get into things with the ilvl of last season.

Pretty much this. It’s not about building definitively the best group possible. It’s about playing the odds in a world where you’ve never played with anyone in your group before.

Still does tho, doesn’t it? it shows the score atleast, i know that!

That explains it

If you wanna do dps you gotta be 460+ for normal pug raid, tank & healers gets bypass tho

Everybody wants to be carried nowadays.

dont blame people for this

blame blizzard for overtuning raids and mythic +

imo a lot of this issues would be solved if everything got nerfed by aproximately 20% compared to how it is tuned atm .

then playerbase would start to behave again like human beings not like accountants with excell spreadsheets.

albeit you can get to 450+ without even touching normal mode or mythic + nowadays. technically if someone was luckly with 0 doubles from WF and instance weekly and tortolan trinkets he could be arund 453-454 by now

i play really really limited amounts (missed whole 1 reset of WF , ignored dungeon weekly , ignored a lot of equipement emmisaries) and my 13 alts are atm at 448 average itlv . varying from 451 to 445 (those damn turtles giving them rings :frowning: )

Nerfing content with 20% will change the behaviour of players? If only it was that simple.

To me it is not that content is overtuned, but that people have no self reflection and they lie. It is very simple, if everyone would always pull their own weight for the content they are in - we would not need anything. Sadly this is far from how it is.

We are in an expansion with more difficulties than we had before Legion.

• Raids: LFR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic.
  • Dungeons: Normal/Heroic (lfd), Mythic and Mythic+2-30

It is not that we need a nerf, we need people to queue up for content/difficulty they can handle :roll_eyes: nerfing it would only push ahead the issue.

Raid’s not overtuned, people just cba to do simple mechanics. The raids are generally tuned for people to be 10-15 ilvl lower than what it drops, and Nya’lotha is just that. People wouldn’t have been clearing hc the first week with 450 ilvl otherwise.

Yeah, pretty much this. Oh I stood in something easily avoidable multiple times and died from it (Torment on Xanesh for example). No, it’s not my fault, it’s overtuned, it needs a nerf.

if majority of playerbase cba with mechanics maybe its time to admit that they do not want to deal with it and game shouldnt be tailored towards 5% that want to only 95% who doesnt.

thats why the most popular tier so far was ICC with its 40% buffs.

and anything past it were just losses of players who didnt want to deal with hard content.

Sigh “majority”.

Then they can do a difficulty with less mechanics. Simple.

Then they should not be raiding. Or doing m+. There’s world quests and old content they can steamroll through without caring for mechanics. Or they can do easier difficulties.
Also, what is your “majority” of the player base? Because the majority I hear about is actually making raiding more difficult again, not just mythic but heroic as well. And about how making the game easier has made it worse. So there’s that.

M+ and raids aren’t overtuned, some people just have an idea that they are much better at the game than they really are.

In these peoples defense, the game really haven’t shown them before hand how bad they actually are at the game. But that does not mean raids or M+ is overtuned.

I honestly think it’s not so much they cba. It’s more they cannot grasp the idea that they might not be as good at this game as they think. And if it is the case they cba with mechanics, then there’s normal and LFR raids, or M0 and HC dungeons. Have at it.

The only pugs worth joining are the semi guild groups imho (maybe some streamers too). The rest are just raid leaders trying to boost themselves without paying anyone…

These guys make the raids worthless because to fit their standards you need to be so geared that you do not need anything from that raid difficulty.
An ilvl 455 boomkin is not good enough for normal n’zoth apparently.

Struggling to get my 440, ahead of the curve, 3-Rank-three-essenced Alt into a NORMAL Mode raid is just an utter joke on what the community has become.

Ilvl doesnt say a lot either. Potential output and experience with mechanics is far more important.

I know DHs who sim 15k dps lower than me single target while being 5 ilvl higher.

at least on paper you can feel good then XD

you are looking for it from wrong standpoint.

for each 440 wanting to get in there is 15 450-460 also wanting to get in .

dont blame community - blame yourself to being worse gear then other potential candidates.

there is a simple solution to your problem - make your own group .

thats what im doing when doin WF - every time i make my own groups and dont have to deal with declines. because im the one declining subpar geared players.

They just need to bring back auto queue option for mythic+, Normal / Heroic and Mythic raid.

i.e. You sign up, you all get matched with similar level of gear players also queue for the same thing.

I’m not saying force people to use this, but at least make it a option.

Unfortunately very unlikely to happen as Blizzard seem to enjoy adding as much downtime as possible to every facet of the game. And the more time you waste trying to form parties, the more money for them.

1 Like