Your character's ending

A chat in Pet peeves made me wonder about it. We’re several to have stopped the game and don’t particularly plan to come back (or at least not in the forseeable future) but we’re story writers in the end, and it’s not like the characters we’ve been writing for a while cease to exist in our head for that. So, what’s your own ‘headcanon’ ending for yours if you don’t come back? Do they grow old? Do they die to war, or adventuring? Tell me all!

12 Likes

Blizzard goes ahead with timeskip and I get so frustrated I quit for realsies, leaving the characters in a canonical limbo.

3 Likes

Open ended à la Master and Commander. The characters continue, the audience stays behind. Their adventure may continue, it may not, it’s all left up to whatever you might find peace of mind in.

8 Likes

I like this thread! I’ve actually given some thought to it.

After the hole in the sky was eventually fixed… somehow, and no more cosmic invaders came to threaten Azeroth, Lintian kept living and studying in Dalaran, lamenting her estrangement from her people. She eventually graduated as an abjurer, her thesis being on creating portable abjuration effects at a distance tethered to accelerated physical tokens (in common parlance, “arrows”), and formally joined the Kirin Tor.

Decades later, being an outspoken proponent of peace, she used her accumulated influence to open an academy of sciences in the kaldorei lands, not far from the rebuilt Temple of Isildien. She herself mostly taught history and languages, with the goal of helping her people open themselves up to the wider world and learn about it as she did.

6 Likes

Akamito roams Kalimdor forevermore, telling tales to all he meets and keeping the history of his tribe alive in myth and story. Eventually whether through age, sickness or battle the last of the Palehide would pass on and join his ancestors in the embrace of the Earth Mother, confident that his kin will live on through his stories for generations to come at campfires across the continent.

14 Likes

Awwwh. It’s both sweet and a little sad, I love it.

Building an academy is a pretty badass thing! That’s a very sweet end.

I like that too! Very hero of legend !

2 Likes

Awwwwws. That’s kind of sweet. Damn, those tauren guys know how to have heartbreaking moments.

4 Likes

I’ve decided mostly for my three elven siblings myself.

Narmë had eloped with her fiancé, and under familial pressure they finally have the small ceremony where everyone can party. Years later, her husband convince her to stop wandering and adventuring long enough to have kids, whom she’ll educate in the ways of wandering rangers and loving all weird and creepy creatures. (Her husband, elder siblings, and extended adopted family are a slightly more calming influence.)
She’ll probably go back to wandering for a while once the kids are older, and I am not quite sure what she’ll do herself once she no longer do that. She might just stay forever a mysterious ranger appearing when least expected, to help or be an annoying forest trickster, coming back home from time to time to a steady family.

Lerothis will finally, four centuries and a few decades after their first declaration, marry the man he had loved all his life. He’s going to spend the first few years after that just beaming at everything. They’ll adopt kids later on, when they’re all healed from the griefs and traumas of the last decades.
Professionnally, he’ll stay a healer in the Murder Row for a while, expanding toward the less criminally frequented hospitals at a point, before turning to politic. He had always wanted to change the country he loved for the better, and he’ll start trying through this way. (Might be in a political party opposing his husband’s if the husband get into politic too, but I’d need to ask the player on that one.)
Eventually, he’ll die of old age, having had a long and mostly happy life. “For all the regrets I carry, in the end, I would not change it.”
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/811705962649616414/889448953655996416/TheSeaNoLongerTormentMe.jpg

Amarth won’t change much! She’s happy being a researcher and taking care of her family, even if she complain of them a lot. She’ll take one of her colleagues as roommate when the novelty of having her brother back fades a bit, and lead a happy life, away from battlefields, pursuing knowledge.

5 Likes

tauren invited?

1 Like

Yes! Narmë likes and respects taurens! (Her husband too but he’s an associal introvert)

(Also why does that image won’t load, I have no idea…)

2 Likes

I get married to Akamito and we live happily ever after

3 Likes

If Obahar doesn’t die in a violent spectacle involving total acceptance of insanity and tentacles then I have failed to tell his story properly.

5 Likes

I suddenly vanished after finding out how sckrink was related to kaitylinn.

3 Likes

This is actually the darkest timeline ending and forces you to restart the game to try again.

1 Like

Retires to a nice mushroom farm in the Plaguelands, off the beaten track from New Stratholme and becomes a world famous poet.

3 Likes

Hopefully this one joke post won’t derail this awesome thread…

Definitely NOT Lintian's canonical ending

The Jailer’s enormous figure towered over the battlefield, the four sigils orbiting the glowing orb in his chest. Wave after wave of annihilating energy swept over the ranks of Azeroth’s combined forces — footmen and grunts alike falling by the droves every second. And then, he raised his hand, covering the sun and preparing to unleash the Ultimate Attack of Ultimate Devastation.

But the little gnome-dragon didn’t flinch. After all, she already knew this was meant to happen.

“Adventurers!” shouted Chromie. “I’m sending you out of here, until the time it’s safe to return.”

A sudden flash of white light blinded Lintian. The young night elf closed her eyes — and in a few moments, the signs of battle around her disappeared. Gone was clanging of swords, the sound of exploding arcane missiles, the gunshots and smell of gunpowder in the air.

She felt… at peace. Pulled through some kind of vortex, but harmlessly so. And then, she heard sounds very familiar to her: the chirping of birds and the rustling of wind in the boughs of trees.

Lintian opened her eyes. She was sitting in a cart, riding through a lush sunlit forest. Across from her sat two young white-haired elves — still kids, from the looks of it — and a dark-skinned elderly human in a yellow tunic.

“Oi!” said the old man, looking at Lintian sympathetically. “Y’all right, lass? You were moanin’ in your sleep an’ sweatin’ buckets besides.”

Lintian blinked, looking around the cart frantically trying to find any sign of her comrades in arms. The ol man made a pause, eyeing the elf’s features. “That’ll be the aether, I reckon. Some are more prone to the sickness than others. No need to fret, though. You’ll soon get used to it.”

6 Likes

Expected Skyrim, was pleasantly surprised.

3 Likes

OK?

1 Like

Let’s be real, there’s only one way for Kait to go:

7 Likes