Your Dream Guild?

Here’s a fun little thought experiment for you, AD.

I am sure many of us feel like we have found the best guild we can realistically hope for. We have fun, we have friends, we’re all around having a great time, and it feels like we’ve found our home.

But this thread is for when you go even further beyond.

Maybe there is that one concept in the back of your mind that you have always wanted to do, but that you do not think the realm could support. Maybe you love your current guild, but there’s just some alterations to the concept you would introduce to make it better still. Maybe you’d want to bring back a past guild, and see how past glory days do in the present time.

Assuming ideal circumstances - the guild gets the support it needs, you get to keep old or make new friends in it, you get to take the rank you prefer - what is your true dream guild?

2 Likes

I’ve always liked the idea of a pandaren spy network. Basically a guild of pandaren that are originally Horde or Alliance and then infiltrate the opposite faction. Unlike most of the other races, pandaren wouldn’t seem strange regardless of which city they’re in, meaning they could blend in without even doing anything. Could potentially work with goblins too pre-Cata, but the other cartels seem to be mostly neutral with some exceptions.

With the addition of the community feature this would also be a lot easier to manage, although I don’t see it gaining much traction so it’s probably not feasible to actually do. Not sure how you’d make a full-time guild out of it either. Might be better as a side thing rather than something you’d dedicate your main to. And, of course, now that the war is ”over” this sort of concept is pretty much obsolete anyway.

5 Likes

A nomadic, orcish warband/raiders.

To hells with Warchiefs. To hells with councils. True orcs know how to take what they need, when they need it, and hold nothing back in claiming it. You a cult? You’re fair game. You Alliance? You’re fair game. You a neutral townlet? You’re fair game.

What matters - all that matters - is the family. The pack.

Yes it’s campy, yes it’s probably incompatible with the current lore, but it’s something I’d sign up for in a heartbeat.

10 Likes

I only have 1 true dream guild idea and I will do that idea soon.

A “priest” hood consisting of many different races that help out in times of need and that join events to stand around and try to help people on both sides with the appropriate races. To make sure nobody dies. Sort of like a red cross + doctors without borders group just with different menders of all types of races. Delivering supplies to people who are in need and helping people in general (with just events or actual players).

Troll priests, ren’dorei shadowpriests, night elf priests of Elune, gnome surgeons, shamans, monk mistweavers, tauren sunwalkers / sun priests, draenei anchorites and any shape or form of menders and healers you can imagine. Including pandaren.

All together, forgetting their differences and bad history to make a group that goes out and helps others in need.

Once my vulpera has reached an appropriate knowledge of all the different belief systems on Azeroth, I will create that guild!

3 Likes

If the faction war resurges (and does in a way that is actually appealing, ie, not like BFA did it) then that sounds for sure like something I’d join in on.

But that’s a tall order, at least the second criteria.

Don’t we have a guild exactly like that? Primalsong Clan, or something? (Not fully up to date on which clan name corresponds to what).

Of the ideas that would realistically work as a guild, I’d love a moderately-sized guild (maybe ten or so members) with religious themes, rather than the overt military ones Argent Dawn tends to favour. An spiritually inclined Horde guild who’re set out to preserve balance in nature and between the elements without going full neutral would be an example of this.

I’ve also always enjoyed the idea of a guild for exiles and outcasts who’re just trying to survive, fleeing prosecution and dealing with local threats, though this wouldn’t be particularly feasible for a prolonged period of time, I imagine.
I’d also be interested in seeing a super high fantasy guild where the average power level is very, very low. The idea of being a character for whom the average named quest mob is a hefty challenge is strangely appealing to me.

2 Likes

Doesn’t have to be realistic! Dreams are dreams.

Too many to count.

• I’d love a guild about the crew on a Horde gunship. It’s something I’ve contemplated but never saw enough interest for. It’d be interesting to represent much of what isn’t seen on the battlefield.

• Pandaren Monastery guild. Think Tian Monastery from the Jade Forest. It’d house all races.

• Do communities count? Instead of a township guild, a township community, where characters could return home from guild life now and then and feel like they have somewhere they really belong when not out.

• And honourable mention to generic special forces, which is probably the closest I’ll get to any of these

A guild based around simply surviving life in the Barrens, but struggling to do so.

• Little (if any) magic, with shamans (preferably few in number) being more akin to the historical kind, handling spiritual matters through rituals that are thought to be magical, but not really. Interpreting dreams, offering sacrifices to the gods/spirits, that sort of thing.
  • Armour and weaponry being scarce. Most would wear no armour at all, and be armed with makeshift weapons, e.g. sharpened stones mounted on sticks for spears.
  • Native, hostile factions such as quillboar and centaur would be major threats, much like the centaur were to the Bloodhoof back in Warcraft III.

Alternatively, the return of the Hand of the Elders. :drooling_face:

4 Likes

You could have them be slightly or at least vaguely magical without stating that they are total frauds, which I think would work better. And I imagine at least leathers would soon become commonplace as armour. Cool concept though.

They wouldn’t necessarily be frauds, or at least not knowingly. More like they, having been taught by their predecessors (who in turn had been taught by their own predecessors), would truly believe that sacrificing the strongest wolf of a pack would totally make the spirits help them out, or that successfully eating the heart of a kodo would mark you for greatness. They’d just be wrong most of the time.

Oh, yeah. Though I wrote armour, I mostly meant armour of the metallic sort.

Vakosh’s dreams of raiding are cut short when his wife calls for him :wolf:

My dream guild would be this group of mage hunters loyal to Malygos’s ideology. They’d be based out of the Nexus since it’s abandoned. Some kind of… Accord…

5 Likes

Hilt of Dathrohan.

1 Like

Rather than a specific concept or theme, my dream guild is a focused group of maybe 10-15 active players, with a devoted DM to provide storytelling. This isn’t an uncommon thing, but simply I can think of nothing better than a guild comprising of people with a strong commitment to their own character stories and a guild that facilitates that roleplay.

But also a guild based on Celtic traditions and practices :weary:

5 Likes

A blood elf/darkspear troll mix guild that explores the unique relationship these two groups would have as they both support and aid each other while sharing their vastly different customs and cultures.

As both former exiled subsections of a larger race, they have similarly forged new identities and purpose through the Horde. Lor’themar became one of Vol’jin’s keenest supporters during the Garrosh reign and the darkspear were a considerable help in removing the Amani threat.

The lore overlooks these interesting similarities imo and I think the sin’dorei/darkspear connection could be really bloody good to see given more attention.

5 Likes

A dwarf guild that is/has:

1; not racist towards every elf and human on the planet because muh Total War Warhammer muh grudges
2; can stop calling every Dark Iron a coalskin cause muh War of the Three Hammers that happened nearly three hundred years ago
3; focus on exploring, adventuring, treasure seeking, battling Horde or other insert generic evil race here
4; a lifespan longer than two days
5; an active playerbase

14 Likes

Hmm have you considered the “assemblage of uld” perhaps

14 Likes

The one a friend and I are making currently but shh.

Grim Gest.

3 Likes

I’m in it.

3 Likes