Your faction leadership and character ranking

Still besides the point. The Alliance wasn’t the “Good Guy Faction” in Vanilla and WCIII, so the players who started playing it didn’t play it because it was. If the transisition to a good guy faction was well done in lore or in marketing is a different matter entirely.

1 Like

the alliance of lorderon is not the grand alliance of stormwind and we was always the “good guy” faction even in classic because the other races don’t matter only humanity does :stuck_out_tongue:

you may not like it but metzen has time and again stated the the alliance is captain america we can no wrong

Thank you for that insight. Bye.

your welcome midget :stuck_out_tongue:

I have to ask, Zarao. Do you actually have any not morally grey or evil character that you consider interesting and complex?

Evil is a state of mind, though.

3 Likes

Yeah, ones motivations are not always aligned with ones enemies.

4 Likes

Doing evil things just for evil is beneath them, they have grander aspirations.

4 Likes

Velen, Varian, Thrall (past Thrall, prior to Go’el), Turalyon, Cairne,…
Got many in fact.

I like good characters with interesting traits that embrace their characteristics and grow because of, or with them.

1 Like

I don’t see any purpose in ranking that sorry heap of concentrated lameness, that calls itself “Alliance Leadership”, considering their only quality being to disappoint me on a consistent basis.

I’ll just stick with good old Anouk, pointing her gun at the right targets.

1 Like

That will be treason then.

That’s not true. You had House of the Nobles doing shady stuff, the whole ordeal with the Defias, those quests that send you to kill forsaken while the npc says they’d thank you for it if they were still normal, Scarlet Crusade ambassador in the cathedral and that’s all just from Stormwind.

You also had dwarves killing tauren and orcs for artifacts and Magni sending them to capture Alterac for “sovereign imperial initiative”. Over at the night elf front, Fandral hated on Cenarion Circle and was anti-Tyrande, also he send night elves to kill trolls because they dared to claim nelves descended from trolls. Those are definitely not current good guy Alliance approved deeds.

I wish Magni had stayed the same instead of meme neutral diamond, Bolvar still send us to kill undead saying they would thank us for it and that Fandral still led the night elves into glorious troll genocide and wasn’t turned into a retard because Tyrande fans were butthurt at him. Alas, this is where that “Captain America” stuff Metzen wanted brought us.

2 Likes

God, I forgot Magni was so imperialistic back in the day. And people complain about Anduin and Varian hahaha.

they did shady stuff because prestor told them too she was behind the whole nobles not paying the defias (originally the stone masons)

And so did scarlets? So did Bolvar? So did Fandral? So did Magni? If you ever played classic you knew Alliance was not the Captain America faction back then.

3 Likes

the scarlet crusade is not part of the alliance, fandral was a traitor and magni was a bad father as he admitted him self his lucky the dark irons didn’t declare war and raise ironforge to the ground for ordering the murdering of their emperor

Emperor Dagran Thaurissan was murdered in cold blood under the orders of King Bronzebeard this would normally mean war and yes the quest was literally to bring his daughter back but it could be viewed otherwise too just like the infamous graymane incident in legion

It is very true. Alliance is the good guy faction. Always has been infact. Your lack of characters dying while Horde ones die like flies falling down every few dungeons and raids everywhere, are a clear indictaor of that simple fact. It is a privilege you need to get in check.

So you want to imply that the alliance was always boring and is never the party who attacks first and just let the Horde alive cuz why not?

Remember internment camps? You just answered your own question.

But even they don’t exist nowadays!