Your faction leadership and character ranking

Still, it is not indiscriminate killing just because. That’s what you need to do to become a bad guy, or at least get shades of grey. Arthas and Strtaholme is the perfect example.

Ah, only being able to think in good and evil with no gradations in between explains this asinine argument…in part.

1 Like

It is a world full of black and white. If grey would infact exist, you wouldn’t meet so many trolls and Orcs as raid fodder every now and then. Blizzard marked just fine who the Protagonists and who the villainized sidekicks are.

they deserved worse genn and the high elves was proven right it would have been better to execute the orcs then show mercy and just imprison the vile orcs Terenas was just to weak to be a king just like rastakhan

so many people have paid the price of terenas’s weakness including his own son if he had been a better father to arthas this would have never happen

only time will tell if Talanji will be just as weak as her father or if she can steer the empire away from its well deserved fall

But the writers say the Horde is necessary, because the Alliance would start infighting and kill each other, which is so much worse than Alliance and Horde killing each other… or something.

I honestly never got that part.

1 Like

Imagine a game of war kind of scenario where the grand alliance was never founded. And the kingdoms killed each other until the demons returned and killed everyone while weakened.

so a scenario that would never happen unless forced to happen by the same group of creativity lacking hak writers we have now?

the horde has proven time again to stab the alliance in the back causing greater deaths then anything the enemy can muster so i don’t see your usefulness

Humans only united cause Orcs attacked them. Without that we get game of thrones ala GRRM.

Yeah, that’s why the Chronicles totally read like GoT, with the human kingdoms permanently attacking each other, I guess.

I still very much doubt the Eastern Kingdoms would be plunged in war if the Horde never invaded.

Let’s start by saying that Stormwind, Dalaran, Alterac, and Kul Tiras most likely wouldn’t be involved. Stormwind is too remote to do anything meaningful, and also Barathen vowed that he would never again involve himself with the other kingdoms (Llane was most likely of that idea too). I also doubt that Antonidas would take part in any conflict, since Dalaran is a neutral university of magic for all nations and is a very small nation anyway. Alterac would most likely remain neutral too, since it’s the weakest kingdom (Perenolde had to rely on the orcs to make a move against the Alliance in the Second War). Finally, Kul Tiras is a trade nation, they would not get involved in war because that would be pretty bad for their profits. If anything Daelin could sort of be like the Iron Bank, to keep the GoT comparison. Formally neutral but secretly supporting one side or the other.

That leaves Lordaeron, Gilneas, and Stromgarde. And really, the only two nations who would fight are Lordaeron and Gilneas, since if I am not mistaken Greymane didn’t respect Terenas at all. Stromgarde would most likely side with the strongest. But again, that isn’t enough to “plunge the continent into a terrible war of self-destruction”. And again, I doubt the winning kingdom would have the resources to literally take over the other nation.

In short, whoever said that the human kingdoms would destroy each other if the Horde never invaded is wrong. If it’s Blizzard, then Blizzard’s wrong. It wouldn’t be the first time that happened.

1 Like

It is their story and their game. It is impossible for them to be wrong.

How do retcons work, then? :thinking:

Except it is possible, as was shown many times, such as when a fan literally had to correct Metzen about Falstad’s status.

they been proven wrong time and again their frauds who don’t even know their own lore the real writing team and creators of wow left the company ages ago all we have left now is people who though they can do a better job then the people who created the game

Your security regarding your favorite fantasy kingdoms must be very fragile, if the mere thought of them being anything but perfect frightens you this much :wink:

Well, you see…

Since retcon stands for Retroactive Continuity, and continuity exists to enhance the story, it means they are not being wrong, but merely retroactively enhancing the story.

3 Likes

Ok… let’s just ignore my quick analysis in which I explained why they wouldn’t go to war against each other…

And again I learned something! Thank you for your wisdom.

…no, I just decided retroactively that I already knew that before, so thanks for nothing!

2 Likes

why bother daelinna his a fan of a kingdom so weak that kul’tiras alone could most likely wipe them out if they was not hiding behind the horde run by a king so incompetent most of his council betrayed for a far fetched plan to revive the first king of the zandalari trolls

They are humans. Mere political insults against each other could spark a war. If we go by medieval standards. Titles, lands, resources, honor, and all that. The possibilities are big.