Your faction leadership and character ranking

The possibilities are so big that there is no record of any war fought in the 3.000 years between the fragmentation of Arathor and the First War.

3 Likes

Give it a year or two and it’ll get a retcon.

2 Likes

It would not surprise me if the Alliance started infighting.

It is what humans have done ever since they were just tribals.

Beating each other either through combat or diplomacy to swallow up another tribe, then another in order to be powerful enough to stand against another foe.

No doubt the same would happen if they did not have a common enemy.

1 Like

That is funny because I’d say that it was Kul’Tiras that was heavily relying on help from outsiders. Each time there was invasion or warcampaign on KT. The main enemies were not Kul’Tirans but Lightforged Draenei.

Kul’Tiras is nothing without the fleet.

1 Like

I mean, okay. They’ve spent 3.000 years without a common enemy to unite them and they didn’t go to war with each other.

You say that, but this mentally flexible goat is here to prove you wrong.

See: When the nations did not have a common enemy, they did start the infighting.
However, that meant that all the nations had each other as their enemies. And the other nations also had each other as their enemies. That means they all had common enemies: Each other.

So to combat each other, the nations united against each other. And that’s why there wasn’t a war: Because of infighting.

taps head

2 Likes

you would know all about that after all your people betrayed etc other in a giant civial war that tore your planet apart :stuck_out_tongue: that lasted 25.000+ years

We wouldn’t have had that civil war if they didn’t retcon us being the ones who corrupted Sargeras.

pretty sure the void corrupted Sargeras when he peered into it and saw the doom of the universe just saying he was already corrupt when he approached the Eredar and the original lore it was the Nathrezim that corrupted him i believe

the naaru showed velen the truth he tried to convenience kj and archimonde who was like brothers to him of the truth but they didn’t believe him leaving him with no real choice but to flee with his followers

Both actually. He beat both Eredar and Nathrezim and got depressed in the process, then went:“This entire cosmos must be purged”. Basically.

My favorite line from Sargeras and the Betrayal:

Incapable of fathoming such depravity, the great Titan began to slip into a brooding depression.
https://classic.wowhead.com/object=175724/sargeras-and-the-betrayal

He probably saw what we did in Goldshire.

Buuut… that’s retconned now.

1 Like

what really puzzled me in velen’s flashback we see that broken willingly sacrifice him self so that velen could get away when we go to Mac’Aree yet he acts like velen betrayed him when we first met him really inconsistent

1 Like

Yeah ._.’ I’m stuck between my shoulder angel thinking that the Fel just addled his mind beyond repair and my shoulder devil thinking that Blizzard just can’t get their lore straight for even this short amount of time.

well this are the people who claimed the lore books was ULTIMATE source of lore and would never be retconned now they claim they are unreliable and writen by a titan

I wouldn’t say its inconsistent. Its bitterness, he had no clue what he was getting into, and its easier to blame Velen, especially after the life they lived. I don’t know, it always made sense to me.

2 Likes

It feels inconsistent.

But, I guess it is easier to blame someone else. If you put it like that, I get flashbacks to all those League of Legends matches I played where the top laner doesn’t ward, overextends, gets ganked and then blames the support for not warding enough.

Ah, but you are talking games, I am talking psychology. Imagine a champion ready to die in a blaze of glory, to let his leader escape.

The blaze of glory instead turns into a life of agony and fear, perpetually hunted by a merciless and omnipotent enemy, seeing your people twisted into demons in front of your very eyes. The lucky ones die quickly, you saw the Ur’zul.

Such a psychological transition in such circumstances isn’t far-fetched, at least to me. If its inconsistent, that’s ok, because our very natures are inconsistent. All that bitterness needs to go somewhere, and there comes Velen, hale and well, clean and lacking for nothing.

5 Likes

so basically he blames velen for his own failure to die a hero ? clearly he should have tried harder to die in a blaze of glory

Its easier to blame someone else then yourself. That too, is completely in tune with how humans behave.

1 Like

the eredar aren’t human though :stuck_out_tongue:

You don’t say?

1 Like