Your favorite Dragon aspect?

Sylvanas is a woman in control of her sexuality and uses her body as a weapon against the Alliance who want to get with her but are simultaneously reviled because she’s dead.

It’s a powerful second-wave feminism attitude (rooted in sex-positivity!), one of not letting personal tragedies hold you back and instead making them work to your advantage in the future. This is reflected in the progression of her model updates - from a fully clothed ‘demure’ Night Elf with a floor length dress to bare midriff blood elf.

The progression to covering the midriff in her Warchief model is likewise a both a reflection of some aspects of third-wave feminism while also indicating a character progression of Sylv herself - that of someone who no longer needs to manipulate the enemy sexually, but rather chooses to not do so as a power play. It’s a mighty message and shows the evolution of Blizzard’s writing over time, even if they were slow and somewhat dated to start with.

p.s. j/k it’s 'cos boobs are nice and sex sells.

11 Likes

Malygos, the story of declaring war on all magic users as believing they would eventually bring the end of the world. Agree with the above Malygos fans but to add something else: To imagine a world where suddenly humanity is given magical powers there will be those who will use it for evil ends and no one can deny that it will bring a lot of chaos. It’s why I was hooked on the Nexus War.

1 Like

Thanks for your opinions everyone! They were nice

Onto the next target! For your favorite things

I personally like Sunyiu Qiang-Dú, Yu’lon of the East Wind.

13 Likes

You cannot deny the unbridled power and potential…

1 Like

Malygos because he was the only aspect with an interesting personality.

1 Like

Actually Barrtosh!

3 Likes

That’s Therazane.

Nozdormu is my favourite - because time is :infinity:

he he

Nozdormu; Aspect of Time is my favorite Aspect.

Followed closely by the great Blue Wyrm Malygos the merry!

Best dragons ever and both extremely interesting!

1 Like

Weh-Selem Uasharef, Jaqhir.

3 Likes

Speak her name not in vain, lest the sands of the Dunedweller Caliphate swarm over your homeland.

Malygos indeed. The WotA character really sold him imho. He doesn’t even have to be at the center of the story to get attention from the reader every time he is present.

2 Likes

My favourite dragon aspect is Thrall.

2 Likes

I mean really there’s only two left now, Nozdormu and Alexstrasza. Kind of a sad thought!

My favourite is probably Deathwing BEFORE Cataclysm. He was the ultimate troll.

1 Like

Kalecgos is still alive.

Wrathion too, but he isn’t really an aspect.

1 Like

I always figured Wrathion was meant to play the role Illidan played during Legion: the morally gray guy with all the answers which would lead, to some extent, a group of heroes and contribute to the safety of Azeroth. In MoP you can kind of see he was meant to grow alongside Anduin and confront with him in the future.

But eventually they disregarded him for a more demonic alternative, such as the return of the Illidari.

1 Like

I mean, Wrathion is literally the reason the Burning Legion was able to come.

If he hadn’t helped Garrosh escape, the AU Gul’dan wouldn’t have been sent to our timeline and opened the gateway for the Legions return. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: I know, I know, they would’ve gotten to us either way, but he sure as hell sped it up.

Part of the perils of how they write WoW - characters the writers like get more attention than those they don’t, even if they’re not “the best” for the situation. My guess is whoever wrote Wrathion in Cata/MoP left or moved to another team in WoD era and suddenly whoops all this motivation and foreshadowing we did comes to nothing because our writers much prefer Illidouchebag and his tagalong sycophants.

3 Likes

Wrathion helped or Kairoz?

Both.

Kairoz and Wrathion were allied somehow, I know at least that Wrathion was part of the whole freeing Garrosh thing (and sending him back in time).