Your favourite boss dialogue

Kind of liked Harbaron from Maw of Souls shout at you when a void snap spawns “If I cannot bleed the payment from you, the spirits will!”

1 Like

Anything that Garrosh has said, our TRUE war chief.

1 Like
  1. I am the lucid dream,…(Yogg Saron)
  2. You are defenders of a doomed world. Flee here and perhaps you will prolong your pathetic lives. (Anetheron)
  3. Why won’t you die? Why do you keep resisting? ( Guld’an)
1 Like

These two are my favourite exchange in the game. Also how they keep taunting each other when you fight either of them.

Wrath-Scryer Soccothrates yells: Did you call on me?
Dalliah the Doomsayer yells: Why would I call on you?
Wrath-Scryer Soccothrates yells: To do your heavy lifting, most likely.
Dalliah the Doomsayer yells: When I need someone to prance around like an overstuffed peacock, I’ll call on you.
Wrath-Scryer Soccothrates yells: You’re the one who should be-- Wait, we have company…

3 Likes

Gotta be Nexus-Prince Shaffar : "What is this? You must forgive me, but I was not expecting company. As you can see, we are somewhat preoccupied right now. But no matter. As I am a gracious host, I will tend to you… personally. " .

Beside what he says the voice is just perfect for a prince.

3 Likes

All of Putricide voicelines. I really love the voice acting they gave him, it was brilliant !
I don’t remember particular lines but Arthas too. His voice was a part of why I loved Wotlk so much.

1 Like

“Better that you died here, where SHE cannot claim you - Varimathras

“Is that all the fury you could muster?” - Illidan, Guldan Mythic secret phase

2 Likes

“RISE MOUNTAINS!”

Repeat x9000000

2 Likes

I had forgotten all about dis :pear:

Can confirm, ran that instance for some transmog there a week or two ago, they rise and rise and rise and rise!

Another one I remember really liking the first time I heard it was Archbishop Benedictus in Hour of Twilight.
There is no good. No evil. No Light. There is only POWER!

2 Likes

A shame. Poor falric :frowning:

I like the Kel’Thuzad ones from the Naxx, they gave me the chills :

“Minions, servants, soldiers of the cold dark obey the call of Kel’Thuzad!”

“Enjoy! … or I will FREEZE THE BLOOD IN YOUR VEINS.”

2 Likes

Oh oh this one ALWAYS gets stuck in my head: Al’akir! Your servant calls for aid!

Especially since ESO has a zone called Alikir. EVERY. SINGLE. MENTION. that line goes off in my head. Bah!!

1 Like

There is no good, no evil. There is only POWAH

1 Like

Good news everyone.

This line keeps repeating in my head :neutral_face:

2 Likes

One of mine too. Using that sound in some of my burst macros, at least the ones that last for about 20 seconds.

Another one isn’t really a boss quote, but from the corrupted Ashbringer:
Kill them all!

1 Like

Scarlet monastery graveyard wing in vanilla… Interrogator Vishas or something

1 Like

Here’s an easy one for you guys to guess.

“Who are you? What do you want? STAY AWAY FROM ME!
“Where did you get that?! Did HE send you?? I’LL NOT BE TORTURED AGAIN!
“Yes, my son is quite powerful… But I have powers of my own! I’ll show you, this beaten dog STILL HAS SOME TEETH!

It was hard not to sympathize with this boss based on the dialogue alone - a spirit stuck in eternal torture after being (unintentionally) killed by his own son. The poor guy genuinely sounded like he was on the fine-line between terrified / upset / rage.

The boss-fight itself had everything - a lore-tied encounter related to the dungeon (despite being optional), a tinge of sadness/relief, some humour (mass-sheeping the entire raid, sitting down to drink back mana, then mass-pyroblasting everyone), and a fun-fight in and of itself.

Yes, it is of course…

Kharazan - Shade of Aran.

3 Likes

Turns out he’s the VA for countless memorable characters, from Lord Jarraxus, Yogg-Saron, Baine Bloodhoof, Thorim and many more:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Jamieson_Price

I tip my hat and my two front troll-toes to this man.

1 Like

Naughty secrets.

1 Like

Best boss dialogue?
“Wow is dead/dying” - chat troll boss since 2004

2 Likes