Your opinion about the blatant alliance favortism through BFA?

I kinda agree with this guy except I do care, but I don’t see it as favouritism either. Of course Blizzard loves Jaina, and of course the Troll King died. The writing was on the wall ever since we met his daughter; this guy was toast. It wasn’t a question of “if”, but “when”.

What you point out is really just bad story artifacts. The Azerite is just one big McGuffin and the magical stuff is only there to make the story move along. Why didn’t they use x or y or z spell? Simple answer: because it would have prevented the story they wanted to tell. I’m not saying it’s good, I’m just saying what it is.

1 Like

Wait wait, no she isn’t. She is described as the ‘most powerful sorceress of her people’, so she is the most powerful -female- -Human- Mage. Not the most powerful mage on Azeroth. We have no idea how she stacks up against Khadgar, or Rommath or people like that. I mean she’s powerful, sure, and he has that nice plot armour, but we don’t know that she’s all that and a bag of chips…

Back on point;
I’m not sure there is bias, both sides suffer in different ways, The Horde starts off strong, it is in hyper aggressive mode, but pretty soon their story starts unravelling, then we get shown the Alliance as both this incredibly monolithic presence, and yet also this incredibly effective guerilla army, and then they waltz in and destroy the very -reason- for the Horde to be involved in the expansion. I mean this was supposedly about us gaining allies with big fleets, right, after our own were depleted?

Well…that didn’t work out well for the Horde, because apparently the Zandalari, with their history of naval power, never came up with any rudimentary safety regs and went “Oh, someone’s put a bomb in our ship, we best get rid of that” They lose a pretty iconic character, who has always been present, even if only by reputation (Rastakhan), and once again it seems to be tearing itself in two, first Saurfang, now Baine, It seems Lor’themar and Thalyssra are also going “Yeaaah, this has gone too far, we just need to figure out what to do about it” So basically a retread of SoO. Its very slanted in terms of story. Horde is getting more story, but the story they are getting is mostly them splintering, or having the reason for the expansion ripped away from them. We just -had- an Alliance expansion, in Legion, I don’t think we need another in BfA.

But then, this said…

The Alliance is getting the short end of the stick also, in different ways. Teldrassil and Undercity kind of offset each other, and the collateral damage to the Horde through Sylvanas’ actions kind of offsets that as well. But, they’re still being the reactive party, not proactive, which is kind of understandable, you want the Goodies to finish a fight, not start it. They take a spanking early on, but then Jaina turns up with her ridiculous magic flying ship (Gee where have we seen that before) and has to save the day… She basically destroys the credibility of Anduin, Genn and the Alliance characters at the Siege of Lordaeron. Anduin may be a raw youth, big on wisdom for his years, but inexperienced in leading troops, but Genn certainly isn’t, but oh no, in sails Jaina with her boat going ‘Pew Pew’. So they get some pretty weak writing, even whilst winning. They’re ahead of the game in terms of securing a new fleet, as they get to keep theirs, but there is still a lot of inconsistency about how. They also suffer from the eternal problem of Alliance plot writing, “How do we cause internal strife within the Good Guys, without making some of them Bad Guys?”.

So we don’t get that story on Alliance side, we don’t get the dichotomy of “Saurfang being right and Sylvanas being wrong” We don’t get the “Public arrest of a Horde leader by an increasingly unhinged Warchief”
No, we get “Tyrande wants action, Tyrande goes to do her stuff, but oh, her forces will still help the Alliance” “Genn wants action, Genn aids Tyrande, but oh, he will still help the Alliance” and then “Anduin is sorry he can’t help, but he would if he could”

So Alliance is suffering from a different kind of bad writing. Blizzard are too scared it seems, to introduce themes of dissent and unwarranted aggression in the Alliance, even when they disagree, they’re still all pals really, and that sort of writing can seem over simplistic and patronising when playing on Alliance.

The War Mode thing didn’t help, the first time one Faction has been deliberately favoured by Blizzard because of player actions leaves a sour taste, that’s not cool at all.

So I don’t think there is bias, both factions are getting a rough time of it, just for different reasons and in different ways.

3 Likes

I would think that’s still Azshara - if we’re counting her as mortal.

Pretty ironic how you use the word favoritism, genocide and near annihilation from the Undercity siege and still thinks the expansion favors the Alliance above the Hordes when you have a genocidal maniac purging everything in her wake and wonder why Alliance is actually fighting.

Think you might want to re-read the lore when it comes to the Zandalar and Kul Tiran conflict and purpose behind the invasion of Dazar’Alor. Atleast you guys have a Justice League.

What did you expect? blizz just kill off Jaina and Mechatorque in the same siege? OMG how dare Jaina get away? might aswell just kill her instead right? because it’s not like she has a ridiculously large lore behind her just like Sylvanas, obviously they will never kill them off that easily…

3 Likes

You heard it hear first folks. Being hit with the villain bat constantly while the alliance proceeds to faceroll everything with God tier op plot nukes is somehow horde favoritism. Alliance mental gymnasts are hilarious.

3 Likes

Honestly everytime I see one of your posts I just have to smile <3

I disagree with the op, because the Horde gets nice Zandalari troll allied races while alliance gets the overweight Kul Tirans. If that is not an example of Horde bias, I do not know what else is!

2 Likes

Thank you my friend, when we will conquer Azeroth, we will let you live.

As for the story, I play Alliance mostly. I have a Horde character for unlocking stuff and seeing their side of the story.
And seeing both perspectives does give me the feeling the alliance, specifically Jaina, is favoured by the writters. Most other alliance characters are fine.
Jaina is not, her characters behaviour is based on the situation.
Like the OP said, she’s not wounded from the battle (You think she is, but she is not)
She’s overcome her grief over her father and the depression instantly when her mother forgives her. This isn’t how depressions work…

Ever since around cata/mop. The “Main” characters have been claiming a lot of the successes that, you as a player, have been accomplished, they have been OP all the time when it is important.

Another good example btw, why in Azeroth’s name is Nathanos so OP?? He’s a normal dead man. He doesn’t have special powers.

Khadgar is the most powerful. And while we sacrificed our artifacts, he kept his Atiesh. The a-hole.

1 Like

Trying to argue events in the story as being favouritism is hilarious.

It’s a matter of taste, not quantity of resources being applied.

You know, imbalance is when one faction gets something like, I don’t know actual choice in quests, when the other doesn’t, really fits that argument properly.

Or when one faction gets TWO expensive full CGI cinematics all about one green character.

4 Likes

Yeah… stupid alliance favoritism… they should give us more cool stuff, like buncha stuff, to make up for our pain. I can barely eat my breakfast, my hands are shaking, I’m shook.

1 Like

we got a mount quest which is exclusive to the horde and the story revolves about us.

your point is…?

1 Like

Which?
There is always a counter-part mount. Always.

It took you 28 days for that rubbish reply?

5 Likes

sips tea

Not that I’m in a hurry.
Angry about something?

This will win you no favors Aozen. Your bias is showing right off of the first few sentences. “Horde’s job to secure it”. Right. Thats one way to say “murder any alliance spy that could find out about what we are doing”.

Yes, also a very delicate way of saying that she started an allout war without a warning and burned a defenseless capital city with only women and children inside.
Im not sure about the “surprise tactic” part though for tactics imply rational thought while her narrative was presented as “i dont think peace will last with the alliance so ima start a war coz i feel morally gray”.
Makes about as much sense as any bat **** crazy cat lady does.

The alliance dont care about them anyway…
Okay… lets stop her for a moment and lets clarify who is not caring about what.
The horde before bfa used to be an unlikely alliance of races who fought for survival. Each of them more culturally different than the other, which has always served for very vibrant internal politics and a very fleshed out identity for the horde.

Enter BfA:

• Slyvanas: I dont think peace will last so ima start a war by invading teldrassil
  • The horde council of racial leaders: we dont exist, dont look at us
  • Slyvanas: nvm actually now that we defeated its guards, just torch it, i feel morally gray
  • The collective population and all races of the horde: we dont exist, dont look at us
  • Sum single lone orc in the background called saurfang: That was not cool
  • Slyvanas: Okay kids, they are targeting my city. Stand in line. Good. gasses everyone then blows up the city ~teehee
  • Fappy boy on the sideways: Ze horde iz ze only thing we got left, we muz follo mon.
  • Comedy Baine: shakes head and walks off screen … then does it 3 more times.

Just to be very specific here on who cares about what: The entire horde had its identity, spirit and brain retroactively removed for the sake of the Sylvanas narrative.
The same races that stood tall and proud and fought for their beliefs against garrosh and the horde 2 expansions ago are now introduced to us as emo children who cant talk back to mom, with fappy boy’s narrative of “ze horde is ze only thing we got left”.

The darkspear would drown him in the sea between durotar and their islands for that one single line, but hey i guess you get saurfang as the lone orc who represents the collective conscience of the horde as a single person somehow, and comedy baine with his head shaking.
Then you want to tell the alliance what they do and do not care about?
Really?

Yes, putting the entire mind wiping and refusing the forsaken their free will concept aside by which she pretty much broke the very last connection to her own people, especially after the massacre in Arathi.
But yeah, another small detail nobody cares about. Do go on.

If this is the very first thing that baffled you in the story telling of bfa then im afraid you played with eyes closed till now.
Also it kinda makes sense to at least not really expect the heart of horde fortifications to be invaded, getting to the royal palace and then to the actual damn treasure room inside of it?

Thats like putting something in a nuclear bunker a mile under ground below the pentagon in a hermetically sealed chamber and being upset that there were no guards stationed right next to it.
The wand was guarded. And its guards are littering the streets and the entire temple of zul’dazar now.

TL;DR: I find it pointless to go into every sentence of your post beyond this.
BfA’s story telling bleeding out of a hundred plot holes and a thousand wounds on top.
You think there is a blatant alliance favoritism while its just bad writing.
Want to think about interesting questions? Here is one for you: Praytell why the entire horde leadership is scheming behind sylvanas’s back.
When Baine was taken away, literally all of them stood there agreeing that sylvanas needs to be taken down, yet nobody will make a move cause she has the overwhelming support of Cuckthanos and the Magthar orcs, not to mention the furious forum posting fanboys which is about roughly 5% of the entirety of the horde.
Better sneak in some more cloak and dagger. Next time the horde will need a year long preparation to put out camp fire.

In case it didnt sink in yet: BFA is a caricature of wow.
Its a literal comedy of world of warcraft with the most impossible, unlikely, never to happen things being taken as perfectly normal and self-evident.
It all started with a forsaken being placed as leader of the horde. The race that is not even trusted by its own allies but is suddenly accepted without a question cause go figure.
And it just keeps on getting better and better after that.

1 Like

There is a difference between payed laborers and trained spies getting killed. One just sighed up for digging, the other signed up for stealing and killing.

Yeah, the Horde and the Alliance was at peace after WoD. Guess who did What in Stormheim… Noone is grayer than the gray (fox)Wolf himself…

They don’t. The Kal’dorei and the Worgen are on the brink of leaving the alliance because the rest of the leadership is too busy with Arathi and what-not. Also, obvious joke was obvious. /Whooshh/

Who thinks Liches are actually good and nice? Notice sarcasm and humor.

You know what else is well guarded? The chamber that keeps the gold bars in Fort Knox. 0-24 security despite “Hurr-durr the doors are locked”

In an universe when such things exists as teleports, imagining the most protected chamber to have an Anti-teleport spell on it isn’t a far fetched idea.
When:
1: We saw it in use already.
2: The treasure was most valueable and it was expected to be used for really important things.
4: When it is painted on the walls that it can be stolen back.

1 Like

I don’t agree with this topic …

Waaaa Horde bias, waaaa Alliance bias.
Man these topics are as mundane as “High Elves for the Alliance plzz”.
And both are … urgh. My head.

3 Likes

right well you get cool looking trolls n such, the alliance get jaina (worst character in any game, ever) and a pre-pubescent baby king that everyone hates. There sure is favouritism but it is not for the alliance. We have awful leaders and most of us want them to die a horrible horrible death and never ever re-appear unless its with their heads inserted on a red hot poker