Your Quest designs are making passive players prone to mild toxicity

Yes, Blizzard… in spite of your hilarious attempts to remove toxicity from the game by adding new TOS and stricter rules…You yourself are creating a toxic environment even in the most casual form of the game.

Everyone knows M+, raids and PVP is a cesspool of toxic and elite players who bring out the worst in the game. But in casual content like world quests too you are creating a toxic environment among casual players. Good job.

Many world quests have this design where players can steal the rewards from other players. while I do the hard work, some one just walks beside me and takes my reward. the worst part? I don’t even get credit for that. What kind of quest design is that? especially tanks and healers doing WQ’s takes time to kill a Mob guarding the WQ reward. While they are tanking the mob, some one comes in and loots the reward. Thats 30 seconds of tanking the mob and then another 1 minute to wait for it to spawn.

So what do people do? they inturn steal some one else’s rewards and thus creating a toxic cycle even in the most simplest aspect of the game like WQs.

i still don’t know why this design exists?

44 Likes

Yeah, it’s always been aweful quest design.

1 Like

are you talking about that godawful world quest where you have a limited supply of snails to throw mushrooms at?
The one where a second player who is at the right spot can technically loot the crystal shell that spawns before the one who did the work

9 Likes

That, and another 100 such quests…

4 Likes

Yesterday there was a quest where you had to collect armaments from a draknoid general or something. Basically you need to keep attacking the NPC and pieces of armour drop on the floor and you need to collect them. So I was hitting the mob and ppl beside me were looting it. Once looted, the pieces of armour will despawn and I have to wait for another mob to spawn.
the best part is there was only 2-3 mobs in that area. what a useless quest.

12 Likes

That is even worse, holy cow.
Is Blizzard trolling?

4 Likes

Which is weird, considering they’ve made most other quest items (that drop on ground) Personal… what a dumb step back.

1 Like

“To ask why Blizzard does dumb things is to ask why leaves fall, it’s in their nature”

13 Likes

It happened to me yesterday, and me being a very introvert and who takes thing in a chill manner ignored it for the first time but I spent 10 minutes on the world quest waiting for the NPCs to spawn. An I saw some one stealing the Armor and I had to /w them saying you are a piece of sh*t.

I feel bad for them. If the person is reading this right now I’m sorry I shouldn’t have done that. neither should you have tried to steal my WQ to be fair.

2 Likes

Are people still doing WQ?

1 Like

Some people enjoy WQs (If they don’t have obvious design flaws like the one mentioned here, anyway), or they are rep-completionists, so yeah, people are still doing WQs.

3 Likes

protip; it drops those items when it uses a specific ability and its swing timer is way more then the time you need to pick up the item so you can easily pick it up during combat

still a pain if people are straight up camping you but personally if that was the case I’d just run out of aggro range and start camping them back or return at a later time.

If you hadn’t tried to pick it up during combat its a viable strategy

Quests worked like this since Vanilla wow though. While it does make it easier for people to be malicious with each other it is not the main factor in play.

You need to blame sharding and the easy nature of the world quests for that. Their easy nature discourages communication (as that slows your progress down) and with sharding there is no social pressure to behave, as whoever you meet during your daily chores you will likely never meet again.

The world, and the gaming community also changed a lot since then. Those quests are completely fine, but it is not for today’s audience. I simply wait a day or two for the masses to do them and then go back to finish it when less people are around.

I remember quest in Shadowlands, in Ardenweald where you had to put some mobs in bag after weakening them. I brought them to low hp and then someone stole it before I clicked q item.

1 Like

Soo glad I’m preferring group content and hating quests a lot i even don’t got any reputation on Max lvl because I hate quests.

Every time I continue the storyline i get angry because of bad quest Designs

“realm identity” has never existed. Long before the word crossrealm came into existence people had zero inhibition to abandon dungeons, raids or troll each other in open world.

As for the snail slime quest mentioned earlier, when I did it I was 100% sure both of us can loot the slime so I just picked up any I saw. Blizz has been designing mining nodes and quests so people don’t interfere with each other so I always assume that’s the case for every quest.

Ok, but there’s a feedback tool in the game. People need to stop treating the forum like it’s a funnel to the devs. It’s a known fact that devs don’t read the EU forums, and the chances that some community manager will relay your complaints is rather low.

1 Like

I think they should make these items lootable by multiple players but only for players Who have tagged the mob or healed people who did - but unavailable to you if you haven’t participated in the kill of the mob.

I think that would force lazy people to do some work instead of standing around while everyone else does it.

1 Like

My pet hate in the game right now are those players that drag mobs into an event in the cave especially those around the Djardin area and end up killing you and everyone else around. I honestly believe this needs to be redesigned. You drag the mobs they target you only and kill you only. Die, Feign death, shodowmeld or whatever you have the mobs need to reset and not suddenly turn on the rest of the people especially since most of those people are low geared alts. As is those mobs already are overtuned with the most ridiculous abilities for open world mobs. Imagine being fire stunned for 8 secs and then spammed to death. Feels like pvp in open world.

How they never learn is beyond me

2 Likes