Youtubers damaged wow and its good they leave

Back in the glory days of WoW we did not need streamers and so called “content creators” on youtube. We just played the game… more they leave sooner the water calms.

31 Likes

Its a double edged sword, but its a profit for the company usually due to free advertising, testing etc + a free public face to take part in events.

1 Like

they will be back once 9.2 is announced… with their ‘opinions’ on the content and if its worth playing or not…

definitely will be back to talk about 10.0 as well if we get that far.

5 Likes

I thing it’s time for WoW players to destroy Youtube!

2 Likes

is anything they are just virtue signalling to get views and clicks while the topic is hot…

when it dies down i wont be surprised if one by one they slowly come crawling back because suddenly somehow … blizzard redeem’d themselves in their opinions and its okay to play wow again… (cough cough money cough clicks cough view cough$$$)

7 Likes

If you genuinely believe this then I’m genuinely shocked you don’t choke on your tongue in your sleep.

34 Likes

wait and see… wait and see…

i have a good track record im not usually wrong about these things.

I hate to say it but well played on Asmongold he even went the way out with the high head saying no matter what blizzard calls me and he and others are in no way or shape related to what afriasabi and the other predators clique did !

12 Likes

That’s because you’ve set yourself up for “success” either way.

If Blizzard improves, WoW improves (gets a new patch), you’ve still set yourself up to say "huehuehue typical :nerd_face: "
Like… that’s what people want… thats why people are taking a break…

Besides content creators have been phasing off for weeks.

4 Likes

well i also predicted the fall of hype and playerbase in the last 2 expansions much to the regulars here disgust lol…

didnt set myself up for success then … more so just can see a train wreck coming from a mile off.

i dont even really think blizzard has to improve to get those streamers back on side… i would go as far as saying once the topic is off the headlines… and out of people minds…

if blizzard is in good standing or bad … they will still most likely return or at least try hype people to return.

not before they burn all other options up first though… ff14/new world.

1 Like

Right… because it’s the YouTubers/streamers fault that Blizzard is managed by abusive dirtbags while WoWs game design and story writing is declining since 2008 because the company gained a bunch of incompetent executives and they had a bright idea to design PC MMORPG like it’s a mobile game and hire story writer which has a one-star review on Wish.

Just keep smoking copium smh

38 Likes

I disagree.

4 Likes

This hype is here since i think WOD :smiley: so you didn’t predict anything
and BTW
There was like 10mil players palying when it was launched because of HYPE HYPE everywhere iremember that cause i was baited by that hype to
and then in 2-3 months people who came back again left

You are doing the same thing
but you are not on youtube you are here talking about game with your opinions

3 Likes

No you’re wrong. The community killed this game by playing the game !

1 Like

streaming has been a thing since ~2009 and content creators have been there from the beginning so idk what delusional glory days you are talking about

16 Likes

tbh early days of wow … you had pewdiepie and yogcast playing wow … on youtube…

a lot of people watched and followed them… at the time.

1 Like

Nah, it’s just sad that people don’t really realize how bad the game currently.

If you’re having fun then great. Enjoy it while you can

10 Likes

Blizzard damaged the game. The general bad sentiment towards the game is Blizzard’s mess.

13 Likes

Content creators have an insignificant impact (in the grand scheme of things) - be it positive or negative. I’m not quitting WoW because Creator A or Creator B aren’t covering the game anymore. When I quit WoW it’ll be because I am no longer enjoying it. I would like to think that’s the case for the vast majority of WoWs playerbase too.

WoW was big on both Warcraftmovies and Youtube dating all the way back to 2006 and onwards. Content creators has always been a thing, even if live-streaming is relatively new.

3 Likes

I personally enjoy the lore videos from Nobel, The Machinima from “Gorak’s guide”, Nixxiom or Captain grim.

The Warcraft movies like “Tales of the past” was also amazing, and that one was released back in 2006/2007 so dono where you got the “No so called “content creators” on youtube back then” from.

Imo WoW is better because of the content creators like the ones listed above.

2 Likes