Zandalari Monk RP?

I still think it is a bit questionable to have a character based on such an extreme edge case. One wonders, why was your troll and no other taken alive and trained instead of simply killed, incarcerated or exiled?

I am not telling you not to do this, but do consider these questions before you begin.

Because he came to them perhaps and wished to repent for what he had done? I dunno.

He described being captured.

Maybe it could be as simple as they kept him alive at first because they wanted to try and get information from him?

Oh, well I didn’t read through everything… :<

shame

Maybe. It’s still a looong jump from being a detained enemy to being one of the disciples. I assume he’d been captured during 5.2?

I really don’t think it’s as impossible as your trying to make it out when it comes to the Pandaran. Yeah, I was thinking around the time of mists.

It’s not impossible. Nothing is impossible in WoW. Merely improbable. Nothing wrong with improbable, of course, but consider how necessary it is.

I still think you’d be better off starting fresh. The pandaren community is not huge but you should be able to find one willing to teach.

Would it be less improbable to you if they started teaching him once Zuls forces were defeated?

That would certainly make it more probable, yes. After Zul’s death his followers probably aren’t seen as much of a threat anymore.

Well obviously I don’t mean when Zuls died, that just happened. I meant when his forces were defeated in mists.

I mean, I suppose? It’s something.

You could reverse the story and have your troll guard a Pandaren prisoner who teaches him the error of his ways in order to escape. Still seems a bit improbable, but I think it makes more sense than the Pandaren teaching a prisoner how to escape.
Thats just my quick idea though, it might have lots of plotholes.

That makes more sense. The troll is convinced to go renegade and seek out the temple by his captive.

It also presents an explanation for why they’d trust him enough to teach him. They’d have the former captive to vouch for him, and tell them how he turned away from his peers to come there.

It’s still improbable, everything has to go exactly right, but it’s better.

1 Like

I like that idea but my problem with it is that it would extremely limit my RP opportunities, not being able to RP with the Zandalari.

Considering the violent past between the two races, the fact that zandalari can be monks is surprising.

The idea of a Zandalari studying under Yu"lon is a bit… far fetched in my opinion unless of course another pandaren vouched for him.

Its possible but the situation in which he arrives at her temple must be believable.

A quick post: The idea of them teaching the enemy to make them understand is not as far-fetched as you think. They wrote a short-story about how the Order of the Cloud Serpents found a Dragonmaw Rider and taught him the ways of the Order: compassion to master dragons etc to make him understand subjugation wasn’t the only route.

1 Like

Well, he was taught by them BEFORE the whole Siege thing, no? So he wasn’t considered an enemy at this point.

Mion is a Grand Master of Cog Fu.

Tell me I’m wrong.

You’re wrong.