Zul, a big waste of a character

It feels like Blizzard handled Zul very poorly. This was a character that was built on as a mysterious and powerful character over the years.
In BFA we got to see him finally in game and imo he was a really interesting character with his prophesies and shadyness.

In my eyes he had the potential of being another Gul’dan in lore and blizzard wasted him too hastly on some budget old god.

6 Likes

Credit where credit is due, he achived more than Gul’dan (by the way, isn’t Gul’dan a bit way overrated? Selling your soul to power and tricking your people to be slaves and conquerors not much of a feat when said people are already a bit like that… we needed two version of him to achive something, because version 1.0 died like a noob in the Tomb…)
Zul is a bit more like Kel’Thuzad if you asks me
And the old Troll achived pretty much, including single handedly seting Stormwind on fire… wouldn’t call him a waste.
He had his built up and shine and King Dazar is still around who he raised by the stolen power of Rezan, preventing the Loa of Kings to reincarnate I supose…

I think that OP meant that Zul could’ve been interesting figure if his motives were purely political and entierly his own instead of being twisted to Blood Slug worshipper and ‘lolcorrupted’.
He had amazing personality, and he did lots of trouble but he was presented as merely different point of view on world politics instead of being used as a scapegoat and portrayed as national traitor then I believe he would bring much more to the universe.

4 Likes

Kel’thuzad is a good way of putting it.
And with the Gul’dan reference I ment Zul being an influencer, schemer for dark powers, difference between the two being that Zul was more devoted to his masters than Gul’dan was.

Well there was some heavy politics involved… I think Zul used G’hunn more than the other way around
And there that little naga conection

“Most exalted, Queen Azshara. We have infiltrated the Zanchuli council. It was far easier than either of us suspected. Half of the council has sworn to our cause. The other half will stand, or fall, when the time comes. The path of resistance will soon be clear. Rastakhan assumed the Zanchuli Council wanted to be in service of the people. The people don’t deserve service! They are selfish, foolish, hopeless, but I digress. I will bring the Zandalari back to greatness…whatever form that may take. Your kingdom will rise. We will both rule, as we were meant to do. None will be left to oppose us. A new world order lies ahead!”

• Report from Zuldazar

This is not what I meant.

With politics I meant for him to introduce different narrative, narrative that finally shows the trolls plight and how both H/A had their share in it. For him to be powerful by rallying the forces to achieve specific aims to give trolls victory and defeat their foes.

Not to ally with foes to weaken even more Zandalari.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.