The amount of bots are unreasonable for a subscription based copy of a game

We are playing a full subscription to play a copy of a 12y old game and the amount of bots are unreasonable.

I see and report bots that are farming the same spot 24h/day for raw gold. For example at Light’s Breach in Zul’Drak and Aldur’Thar in Icecrown. These spots have 3-5 bots grinding mobs 24/7, literally 24h per day every day.

Whenever I visit Pit of Narjun there is a train of DK bots running in and out emptying bags. Outside most dungeons you see DK and Mage bots resetting over and over, all day, every day.

These bots are not even trying to hide or anything. They are doing the same thing over and over 24h per day in the same spot.

It’s one thing to have bots hidding in instances but it’s totally unreasonable to see bots like this in the world.

And that is not even mentioning the mining/herb bots and battleground bots.

6 Likes

Not just that. The only reason classic is still healthily active is because it’s an original Blizzard project. If this was a private server it’d be dead already. There’s so much garbage going on that I’m honestly shocked that this is what we’re paying money for.

2 Likes

Very true & very real.

They also pay a sub, It’s a win-win for Blizzard really.
Bots pay a sub to farm gold
people pay a sub to play the game
people pay to [redacted :wink: ) that is farmed by bots
botters pay for more subs
players play more for more because now they have gold

1 Like

You think that is bad, I invite you to visit Sholazar Basin do /who and marvel at the endless amount of level 77 Mages, DKs & Druids that are un-guilded following very particular paths with keyboad turns and all sorts, there 24 hours a day flying round and round mining and herbing without any conciquence.

1 Like

There will be a “big ban wave” at some point, but nothing will follow for at least half a year. This ensures that botters will keep botting and buy new boosts, but it wont effectively reduce the amount of bots. This is only done to maximize profits and to create the impression, that they are willing to reduce the number of bots, while thats actually not the case.

1 Like

To be fair, you’re paying full subscription to actually play Retail. Classic is a side project, an after thought - not their main game, as many know. I don’t think we have much of a leg to stand on when they literally didn’t add any additional charge to play Classic beyond the sub fee.

1 Like

I am not sure if this is a joke/troll or someone like this really exists.

1 Like

I must be (un)lucky but I have not seen a single bot in wotlk.

Maybe because I dont visit any zones. Because there is nothing to do there. There is only bg, naxx and dalaran.

lol

I wrote a similar post before editing and saying true & real.
He’s right though, Blizzard can just spin it that way if they want to, we’re paying for retail and classic is a “free bonus”.
Gives them a free pass to not care about classic at all and not make any improvements.

But in reality, we all know they’re just insanely incompetent and stupid, and actually have no idea how to improve and what to improve.

1 Like

You may specifically pay to play Classic only - as I do, I’ve zero interest in retail - but the subscription based game of world of warcraft is retail, despite how much as I dislike it. What I said is in relation to the OP about the number of bots, and Blizzard are of course going to prioritise Retail over Classic. They should have more staff to work on Classic, but from their standpoint it doesn’t it won’t bring in enough income and ultimately Classic will end and Retail will keep going.

1 Like

Classic will go on for as long as there are retail (official statement) and when retail shuts down some day classic could keep on going forever.

Anyway at this point Blizzard seems to have unofficially allowed botting in this game. Seeing the same bot farm the same mobs 24h day 7 days a week farming raw gold at a rate of 1million+ gold / year is pretty disheartening (the spawn rate is totally broken for mobs dropping 30-40s each). And again, that not even mention the farming and bg bots.

1 Like

That would be great, unfortunately experience tells me nothing is concrete or forever when time has passed or something changes - or they just change their mind and go back on it.

It’s certainly hard to deny it. Almost feels like they’ll nothing about it, since they seem to be very meh when it comes to people botting for a long time.

2 Likes

Early in WoTLK (about a few weeks after launch) I was reporting Bots in Howling Fjord for farming the Thornivine Creepers, that place always had like 2-6 bots at a time, and I would get a few “Thank you for reporting” mails in the post.

I have not stopped reporting Bots when I see them, and I see them often, but I have not received a message in the post for a couple of months. I don’t know what this says about the report function but its not a good sign in my eyes.

Now for the tinfoil hat moment!

Blizzard HAD to have known that allowing players to make a DK on a fresh account would cause further Botting issues. They HAVE to have seen the amount it has created and there is NO WAY they are unaware of the situation.

So why have they not fixed the issue, making it so you need a lvl55 to make a DK like it was in WoTLK original. Well my pessimistic answer is simple, more accounts would pay a Subscription and play a DK over a Boost, meaning they are making more money off Botters now than they have before. They will fix the issue, just as soon as they line their pockets enough from the Botters first.

1 Like

Clown company, milking last remnants of its good name.

2 Likes

Botting is the single most biggest issue Classic has and nothing gets ignored as blatantly as this… a slap in every costumer’s face

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.