Battle.net update agent

Battle.net update agent keeps using around 20% CPU even when nothing is being updated. It automatically restarts itself when I force close it using task manager.

2 Likes

Hi,
same problem here!

If I start the Battle.net desktop app, it shortly shows the message “Battle.net update agent is inactive. An attempt is made, to start it again.” The message disappears after a short time and my games are displayed.

But as you describe - the update agent’s process remains at 10-20% CPU usage - without any game open and without any download in the background.

I have already deleted the “Battle.net” and “Blizzard Entertainment” folders - as described in other help forums - no improvement…

Any fixes around?

Greetings, nico!

I recently had some issues with the launcher, but uninstalling and resintalling fixed the problems.

Always worth trying the old turn it off and on again. Not guaranteed to fix all ofc.

Hello:

If you are using MalwareBytes, see this post in the Desktop App Bug Report forum…

Good luck with this.

1 Like

Sorry, I haven’t checked the forums for a few days. I tried uninstalling before I posted and it did not work, but what Boubou posted worked.

@Boubou Looks like I am not allowed to make two posts in a row. Thanks, this seems to be the problem indeed. Everything works fine when I close Malwarebytes. The Blizzard update agent pops up again the moment I turn Malwarebytes back on. I guess I have to deal with the CPU usage until one side rolls out a fix.

2 Likes

OK – at least, you’re not being impacted as much as other players – many players can’t even launch the Battle.Net Desktop App when MalwareBytes is running.

BTW, the main thread for players now is:

You can follow it and see if anything useful to you comes up.

Good luck with this issue !

2 Likes

Thanks for the help. I will keep an eye on it.

1 Like