Battle.net Update doesn't want to update

I want to download Retail Wow ,but i can’t because update doesn’t work ,after update disappear i press download wow and files downloading to 50mb/101mb and it reset all the time ,please help !!

Please try the steps below for us, you will need to exit the Battle.net App while doing them:

1. Press windows key + R > Type %programdata% > Click OK > Delete the Battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment folders

2. Press windows key + R > Type %appdata% > Click OK > Delete the Battle.net folder

3. Press windows key + R > Type %localappdata% > Click OK > Delete the battle.net and Blizzard Entertainment folders

This should hopefully allow you to then Right click and run the Battle.net App as Administrator for the download to complete.

Thank you, I did as you told me. BUT…

It worked for WoW Classic, I can play it now.

It did not work for Retail, it is stuck on “Fetching Encoding Table”
It goes to about 50 MB / 121.13 MB, and resets.

I uninstalled the game, cleared Battlenet data, followed few tutorials on youtube and

“Update or temporarily uninstall any security programs, which may mistakenly identify the login module as a security threat.
Try creating a new administrator account to resolve permissions issues.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the Blizzard App may resolve rare launcher issues.
If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall the game.”

Nothings worked.

Help.

Try changing the Battle.net App to the “Beta” version in the Settings, maybe that will help with the download here.

If the issue persists, please upload your system files to pastebin.com and reply with the links to the files using the preformatted text option to encapsulate the links.

Unfornately, changing to beta did nothing ,here is link pastebin .com /zBxA2k37 ,password is ; Edit:Removed by Blizzard

Your MSINFO shows what might be the problem at least with the “Not Collected”

1. Press Windows+Q and type this into the search bar that pops up:
  • cmd
  1. Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
  2. Enter the following commands into the command prompt window one at a time. Press Enter after each command. Any time you get a confirmation prompt, confirm the prompt. One of the commands may also tell you the WMI service is already started. This is okay.
  • net stop winmgmt
  • winmgmt /resetrepository
  • net start winmgmt
  1. Now, exit the command prompt and restart your computer, then retest running the Battle.net application.

This should fix your issue though, if not let us know!

1 Like

It’s working !! finally :smiley: , thank you very much !!

1 Like