Blizzard what are you thinking?

Dear Blizzard… What are you actually thinking ?

I am a long term WoW player who played on and off since Vanilla. I am now in my 40s and as you would expect have a family and a career and general life stuff outside the game which means the game isn’t the most important thing in my life but something that IU have enjoyed for a many years as a hobby and still enjoy today.

The issue I have is that since Shadowlands I have been unable to play the game at all and this is a game that I pay for so have a right to expect to be able to play.

I play on EU Draenor but every day when I try to log in to play the game there are issues ranging from actually not being able to log in at all to haveing 2+h queue times and as I am writing this my current queue time is 189min.

Before you write this off as just another post complaining please hear this. As I work and have a family I get the chance to maybe play the game 2-3 times a week a couple of hours or less each time and with that how do you expect someone like me to be able to play at all when you have to wait 2 or more hours to even log into the server ??

The fact is you sell a product which myself and many like me pay for but you are not delivering that product actually right now and actually you are not delivering any product to us for the money we pay as we are unable to log in to the game.

This game is now 25 years old and you have released 8 expansions so why is it that we are not able to play ? Haven’t you learnt anything over the past 15 years ?

Some people would be cynical and say top complaining and just move server but as it cost £19 to move servers so for me that would be £570 to move all my characters and also I would then end up on a server without my guild and other in game friends.

I am curious if you have any plan at all to resolve this issue or if things really are as they seam that you really don’t care at all about your customers. You are once who let servers get heavily populated not us the players, you are the one who invests in your server infrastructure not us the players and you are the one who are responsible for ensuring that we the players can actually play the game we pay you to play and this is something you are failing to honour.

If this was any other industry you would have already been held responsible for by various consumer ombudsmen and probably also found yourself on the wrong end of multiple lawsuits of that I am sure.

My question to you… How and when will you fix this issue so I can once again log in and play the game ???

Kiiwwi

5 Likes

Exactly the same situation, been playing since vanilla, I often wonder how much in subs that would be…
now in my 40s also, it’s impossible to get on to the game in my free time, so I’m paying £10 per month for what? I’ve also enjoyed WoW, ending my sub would be such a shame, especially just because you can’t manage your servers.
I totally agree with the OP, options such as realm transfer are not favourable as I have many top-level characters, my guild, and many long-term online friends. the problems with Draenor have been around for so long now. Every expansion has lengthy queues, bad lag affecting gameplay, hugely imbalanced horde and alliance player base.
I miss busy alliance cities, chat and playing with other players around. maybe it’s time to close this server and allow people to move for free? or open transfers for Horde out and Alliance in, whatever the solution (maybe a radical one) it needs to happen because as it stands, you are not fulfilling your end of the bargain.

2 Likes

I could not agree more, I have pointed out the same exact issue more times than you can count with data to back it up, and I have and have had the same issues through the past 16 years of playing wow, I have currently unsubbed for those reasons and I am certain many others have.