BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 error (client)

Got the game yesterday, installed fine, played fine. was enjoying it. then this morning got this when I went to play it. (bearing in mind it’s now 5pm) - and was here at for a few games at 8:30 am)…

I launch battle.net, overwatch, says “update” - and soon as I do. this happens.

boom
BLZBNTAGT00000BB8

now, I have tried everything from going over support documents, to disabling everything, to re-installing the client AND game, did everything on this error posted from back in 2017, when the problem first reared its ugly head…

So to save confusion, here is a list of things Ive tried (in no particular order)

-Re-installed the client
-Re-installed the game
-Deleted the battlenet folder
-Deleted the indicies folder
-Deleted the overwatch folder (my docs)
-Deleted Blizzard folder
-Flushed out my DNS
-Checked and made sure all DNS/proxies are ok. (they are)
-Checked MSinfo/DXDiag reports for any conflicts (None)
-System is all up to date, including all drivers.
-Created a new ADMIN account
-Tried running in compatibility mode
-Tried moving games from differnt NTFS Hard Drives (all SSD)
-Disabled all Firewalls/Anti-Virus
-Set the system to allow the usage of battlenet (including its traceroute)
-tried Running repair tool
-Defragged Drives/Error checking
-Tried everything on support forums (and from the community)
-+lots more that I forgot to mention.

Im sure there are things I didn’t add above. - but you get the idea, I’ve been pretty thorough.

Ive contacted support already (6 hours ago) - but I have no faith in any support as they are generic robots that just paste links to random things Ive already seen. and dont actually diagnose or have the ability to cure a problem (most of the time)

its not unusual to have problems, but for me, whats really the kicker is that they take your money, tickle you for a good few hours then never make it work again.

Will see what happens before getting a refund.

I really want to play it as I enjoyed it a lot (for the few hours I had)

So, if anyone can shed some light. - please do so,!

Thanks
x

Did you ever found solution to this?

same thing happening with me now. Unable to play the game. UNACCEPTABLE!!! no response from any kind of support. I’ve tried everything that was recommended and then when asked to contact support if all fails I clicked on that but was unable to post my problem there. ABSOLUTE JOKE!

Any solution? Mine started dropping FPS today, used the diagnosis tool and then started crashing with this. Now I’m unable of repairing, reinstall or update the game, and obviously can’t play it.

Bei mir ist genau dieselbe Sche… am laufen! immer öfter… ZU OFT MITTLERWEILE!!! Support reagiert garnicht drauf!!