Bots in Classic TBC

Dear Blizzard

I have paid for your services for 15 years and counting. And as such, you may say that the joke is on me.

Recently I have transferred a character to Dreadmist, EU (Horde PvP) and I have come to learn two things:

1. The realm is dead. I rarely come across another player like myself.
  2. The characters that are online are online 24/7. Whenever I want to go out into the world to pick some resources that fit my specialization (feral druid) and professions (herbalism/ alchemy, elixir mastery) I find that I can’t find anything that I need to make the potions and elixirs that I would like to use to buff myself to do quests, battlegrounds, etc.

Why is this?

The bot scene is real! I even saw two automated players slug it out one day over the same terocone spawn. It was bizarre to say the least. I cant compete against this technology, and frankly I am loathe to even try.

It feels very disappointing to fly around a zone for hours to farm materials for maybe 5 potions. Is that working as intended? It is odd enough that you have killed the old servers and merged all people into the Firemaw/Gehennas mega-servers, but why would you not at least maintain the system pure, so that you keep your low pop servers free from Bot’ing activities? I must have killed the same alliance hunter bot in another zone maybe 100 times now, and while that is good honor, it frankly is annoying to see that he logs on night and day and just farms with no consequences. AT.ALL.

Why dont you care?

Regards
A very frustrated old customer!

2 Likes

Hi,

This forum is for technical support on the Classic Games (Warcraft III: RoC, Diablo II: LoD, etc…) and on the Battle.Net Desktop App.

World of Warcraft has its own forums here: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/
and you should be posting there for anything related to WoW.

Best of luck in your games !