Call of duty keeps crashing pc

My game keeps crashing after the recent update on 19th of May 2020. Game crashed when I open it normally and even in safe mode.

15 Likes

same here, first constant crashing installing shaders. Now i can’t even get into menu, before patch everything works fine

4 Likes

same here, and my friends, crash, lag, unplayable, rage quit, thanks for 60 mil players , thanks for ruining the game

Jup, i can confirm this SHIT. I have the same issue. All PC Driver are up-to-date. No error message. Got into the game once. While playing no issue at all, but I was not able to enter the graphics menu and had to play on 1280px wide…

After quiting the first match the same problem continues. I’ve not been able to enter another game.

1 Like

Same here, been troubleshooting but nothing seems to help really… So frutrating!

1 Like

Same here, running latest 445.98 Nvidia drivers for GPU and still crashing 20-30 seconds after the game starts. Don’t know what else I can try.

5 Likes

Same problem here… scan and repair doesn’t work either.

Edit: This seems to work for me and a friend,
Go to ur COD MW location file -> right mouse click on the game and click Properties
Go to compatibility -> Run this program in
compatibility modes for Windows 8 -> Start the game from the launcher, you will crash. Go back to compatibility modes and turn it off again. Launch the game again and see if it works.

1 Like

Another one here, after the last update. I crash to desktop at the “checking for update” screen. Have tried reinstalling (and redownloading the entire goddamn 206GB) to no avail. Deleted the settings folder, doesn’t fix a thing. Start in safe mode, nothing. Is this a triple A game? Every update breaks something different. I can’t check the ingame store, I can’t play, I can’t do shit.

1 Like

Just to add to this, don’t click on the game but on the COD modern warfare launcher.

This doesn’t change anything for me. Still crashes 10 seconds after entering the game.

1 Like

this is what is happening to me and it SUCKS im so frustrated. ive uninstalled and redownloaded 2 times

Same Problem,
It Crashes after 20 seconds of launching the game. Mostly when “Checking for Update” dialog box appears
Everything was working fine before this new Update.

EDIT : TODAY its working fine,. without doing anything.
Hope it doesn’t crash again.

Same here, worked fine this afternoon after installing the patch…

For some reason it started installing shaders again.

Following this (although it’s an older post https://www.reddit.com/r/CODWarzone/comments/fm8rfe/my_cod_warzone_keeps_crashing/ to see what happens

reinstall your gpu drivers even if its the latest, i reinstalled mine and my ctd is gone, ill update when crash comes back

UPDATE: Been playing for 4 hours and still no crash, took a break and when i came back, it crashed again, so i dont know whats going on anymore

ACTIVISION EVEN KNOW WHAT THERE DOING , IM READING ALL SORTS OF PROBLEMS TO PEOPLE AND NO FIXES THERE THE WORST COMPANY OUT THERE.2020-05-19T23:00:00Z 2ND PART , IT SAYS ADD YOUR PHONE NUMBER MAYBE THATS WHY NO1 IS GETTING ONLINE. STILL MY OPINION IS THE SAME, THAT ACTIVISION ARE CLUELESS TO THERE OWN PRODUCT. PART 3 . I ADDED MY MOBILE NUMBER AND STILL SAME OLD CRAP. BOOOOOOOORING. 4th PART I TRIED AGAIN 2 HOURS LATER AND NOTHING IS WORKING IM NOW PRESSING UNISTALL NOW. NEVER PLAYING ACTIVISION AGAIN.

COD = Crash On Demand.

1 Like

Same here can run game crashes after 1 min in menu???

Same here. Before the last update 19.05. i didn´t had a freeze or crash.
After the yesterday Update i got freezes at Respawn and the game just crashed irregular.

Also i have the newest AMD Driver for my 5700XT and 3700X CPU.

Please fix this asap…!!!

same here…i tried a lot fix what i found, but not works anything… I tried downgrade may video card driver for older version but its still crash… no error or something the game just dropping me out my dekstop in a few seconds

edit: I found the solution! (Working for me)
everyone who has the same problem(the game just drop out without error messege)
you just need to update your video card driver for this version: 445.98
https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5022/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-445.98

Got same problem - silent crash in few seconds after app start even in safe mode.
Updated drivers to 445.98 - with no effect.
Manual shaders reinstall does not help.
Each game start shader cache optimization restarts.
Graphics settings resets in normal mode too(
Most frequent crash coincidence with shader set3 compile @ 7%