Call of Duty MW Warzone - Crossplay audio chat issues

Hi there,

I’m trying to get cross play audio chat working between 2 PS4 players, and myself (on PC). They can hear me, but I can’t hear them.

I can also see the little speaker appear when they talk, but hear no sound. Haven’t found a solution other than using Discord that works yet. And Discord isn’t particularly suitable for PS4 players.

Any ideas?

Also just as a side note, the Discord for the game seems to be run by rampant and frankly abusive children. Seems a bit dubious it being an official server for this game, no company should want to associate themselves with the sort of behaviour going on in there. I also tried Reddit, couldn’t even post a question without it being automatically deleted with no explanation as to why.

14 Likes

I have the same exact issue. I tried to play with some friends, they using ps4 and I using a pc. They could hear me but I couldn’t hear them.

I checked all audio settings and the voice chat is enabled.

5 Likes

I’m having the same exact issue, and it sucks because this game really is a lot of fun and I want to talk with other people too

Chiming in with the same issue. Myself on PC and friend on PS4. He hears me, i can´t hear him.
Tried all the crossplay and mic sensitivity settings, to no avail :frowning:

Having the same issue here. Cannot hear any in-game chat from anyone and I believe they can hear me when I use the push to talk ‘v’.

Have just been using discord. Would love to have an in game solution. Thanks!

Same scenario, same issue, no resolution yet. Any suggestions would help, thanks!

Did you guys try to disable all other playback devices except the one in use ?
Right clk to sound ( icon at down right corner) - open settings - sound control panel - right clk on device - disable.
Hope this helps

13 Likes

Same problem here, cant communicate with my teammate (PC+PS4).

2 Likes

Same issue I can see the little audio thing but I cant hear him battle.net please fix it

1 Like

Same issue here … was playing with XBOX and PS4 users - they can hear me, but i’m not able to hear them. But they can hear each other (XBox<–>PS4).

i have the exact same issue, idk if there is a solution for it but please give me an explanation or fix this in the upcoming update

Hey guys found a solution, I had the same issue but for some reason this game detect output peripherals weirdly, I ahve 2 output devices (speaker and headset), by default everything goes to my headset, for some reasons the voice chat decided to output itself to the speaker, in my windows settings it activate both of my output devices as default, had to manually default to my headset and voice chat was back in the right place :slight_smile:

12 Likes

if you are on windows 10 and have separate mic and audio devices than the problem is probably same as mine. so write sound in windows search press enter, click sound control panel at top right. In the playback tab, if your mic is enabled disable it and make sure only audio equipment like speakers and headsets are enabled and in recording tab make sure mic is enabled. this fixed mine. there’s also a vib on it by kevinsmak called Fortnite Voice Chat not Working PC - FIX!. Good luck and have fun

2 Likes

The Same issue, my 2 friends are on PS 4 im on PC. They can hear each other but i cant hear anything or speak to them. Duno why.

Okay, so here’s the fixes that have worked for me. I’ve played with maybe 10 people and almost all had some mic problems at first, but these two things have fixed them every time.

I’m on PC, cannot hear others on PS4/Xbox, but they can hear me - Disable all other sound devices from Windows settings and set your headphones etc. as a default sound device. Yesterday I stopped hearing others and found out that display driver update had enabled my monitor as a sound device, I disabled it and it started working again.

On PS4/XBOX, others can’t hear me - From game audio settings set microphone threshold to 0, turn mic volume up.

8 Likes

Hey. I had the same issue. It worked for me that i disabled all the other audio devices besides my headphones. thank you for this advice!

1 Like

Thank you so much! It worked!

Blows my mind how a company that does 1.4 billion in revenue last year can’t afford a junior developer to fix something so integral in the game such as voice chat. If you had a list of essentials in a multiplayer game, voice chat would land near the top if not the top necessity. Once again another company that has their interests close to heart and not the consumers. Thanks Blizzard for the new weapon skin tho!

2 Likes

JUST SOLVED IT
We tried all solutions, fixing sound in windows settings, fixing sound in game on both ps4 and windows, but still not working. Turns out what was causing the problem is the default PS4 chat. So IF you’re connected to someone through PS4 chat (not MW warzone chat), you need to disconnect from that party in order to use in-game communications. The PS4 chat will override the Warzone one.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

If you are still having problems with in game crossplay chat try this

2 Likes