Call of Duty Warzone "DirectX Encountered An Unrecoverable Error"

The launcher displays me this Call of Duty Warzone “DirectX Encountered An Unrecoverable Error”. Does anybody knows who to fix it? Already tried some youtube troubleshoot videos, none of the methods works really. HELP

13 Likes

Same here…

1 Like

Same here guys, it seems that this “GREAT” update that they’ve rolled out last week is full of bugs, crash after crash considering before the update it was running perfectly without fault. I’ve been disconnected because of DirectX and one other reason at least 5-6 times now, 2 times a night… real shame

Is there any update on the “DirectX Encountered An Unrecoverable Error” my game still not working

1 Like

It’s confortating to see how blizzard care about his customers. I have this same problem too and apparently there’s not a fix I can found on this forum nor a simple answer or statement by this company. This is a shitty way to behave with people and I couldn’t be more disappointed.

Same thing here… spent hours doing all of the “fixes” ppl have said are working with no success.

1 Like

I get “DirectX… unrecoverable error”. And a DEV ERROR CODE 6456… trying to google the error code give no direct hits.

1 Like

same issue here after fresh win10 install, before that it was working fine. Maybe some library missing like c++ redist or something ?

I too have some bug, i delete cache and work ¡¡¡¡

do u have a solution for ur problem cause i got the same

I Have the same issue and it also reverts back to some obscure resolution setting evertime i restart the PC (1280x1024 ) while i play 1920x1080 making the game look incredablt blurr and cant see anything beyond 50 meters, reinstalled drivers fixed my registry and nothing works, and don’t even think about alt+tab the game that just crashes it immediatly. Btw i have been roaming this forum for a while now and funny how poeple post and no one from blizzard or activision answers. this kinda feels like a useless forum. just to keep the masses quiet, they really need to step up the their game and give better support.

the system i use
X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING
Desktop

Processor:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor

Windows 10 (64 bits)

GPU:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
8 gb

Resolution  1920 x 1080

Memory
RAM: 16328 MB

i got the same problem

same problem guys. Blizzard please give us a help!
I just downloaded the game yesterday and i tried to play today. DEV ERROR 6456. i’ve try some solutions but didn’t work nothing. I;m running the directX 12 version.

1 Like

Same 6456 error here, will post back if I find a fix…

1 Like

I am getting this error too. I have turned off my AMD overdrive option and still doesn’t work.

1 Like

Hi everyone, This is how I fixed my issues. The inbuilt OSD in COD for your frame rates, ping etc seems to be conflicting to any others that you might have running in the background. In my case scenario all I did was turn off the OSD in Asus GPU Teak II, I’m assuming this would probably apply to all programs of this nature.

I look forward to hearing everyone else’s results after they try this fix
Cheers
MarinVelta

2 Likes

For Call of Duty support and feedback, please use their portals here:

http://www.twitter.com/atviassist