Can't Add Payment Method

I’m not sure where to put this, so it’s going here.

Some backstory:

I’ve been playing Hearthstone for years. Come every 4 months, I buy the preorder. No issues with that, CC works and is fine, little issue having to use the ingame store to purchase anything, except maybe having to try it twice or something along those lines.

However, my ACTUAL store experience has been awful. Come about a year ago, I put 20$ on my account through gift card. I got an idea that maybe if I bought loot boxes (I played Overwatch at the time aswell) on PC they’d transfer to my console account. That wasn’t the case, so I went for a refund. However, it straight up would not load to where I could request one. I waited a day and contacted support. I never even got a response for my ticket, made a forum post and no responses. The 2 day time comes up and I straight up was not able to even TRY to get a refund.

This angered the hell out of me and it still gets me really angry how I couldn’t even get official help. Even a year later, I want my money back. Still don’t even have the damn game on PC and there’s still 20 loot boxes on it.

Well recently I decided to put 6.48$ on my account through Blizzard balance so I can pick up the Winter Veil bundle. However, when I try to do this I, every time, with over 10 tries, have it tell me that they can’t do it and try another payment method. I double checked my card, there’s sufficient funds on it, it has to be a Blizzard issue. So, I read up on it and get the suggestion to remove the payment method and re-add it. However, upon doing this, when I go to add payment method, after selecting credit card, it will just keep loading. FOR. HOURS. There’s no reason for this and at this point I can’t even give them my money.

I try every day. It’s been 3 days and I’m considering running out to get a 10$ card just to put it on my damn account for later. Until I think, well once April rolls around I’ll have the same issue buying the preorder for Hearthstone, so it’s just kicking the can down the road.

I’ve researched the exact error message and posts go as far back as 3 years complaining about it with no answer.

So far, Blizzard hasn’t let me get my 20$ back and wont even let me give them money no with no solution. Not other online store has been this awful. Anything I can do to fix this? I’m at the end of my line.

Hi, Cyclick! o/

So, there’s a lot of stuff here, and I would like to address everything, so let’s go little by little.

All purchases in our digital shop are for PC (lootboxes for console must be purchased through the console’s shop). In the situation where you purchase lootboxes without having Overwatch for PC, we try to offer a refund when possible. We reply all tickets we receive (usually under 24 hours), so if you never go a reply to yours, that may mean we never received it, or it was cancelled. For example, if you select live chat as the contact method, but you leave the page before someone gets in touch with you, the ticket is abandoned and no agent gets it.

I don’t know if we’ll be able to do something (it depends on how log ago it happened), but you can contact us about that purchase here, and our Game Masters will try to help you.

Then about the problems you are having with your credit card. The advice you got about removing the payment method was a valid one. If the page is stuck loading though, this can mean that your security software is blocking the connection to our secure server. Ad blockers and other similar systems can also cause this issue. In order to resolve it, you can try these steps. Keep in mind that it’s not a problem with the page, but how you are connecting to it, so the result won’t change if you simply try again later.

And now, just in case this happens once you fix that: when you add a payment method to your account, Blizzard sends a payment request (usually of 1$) to verify the information is correct. This payment is cancelled right away, so you never get charged (although the bank may do an authorization hold for a few hours). If your bank denies the payment for any reason, you’ll get an error in the page after introducing the details (usually it says something like “Internal error”, but some other errors can appear). This is not an issue with the page, it’s your payment provider not authorizing the payment, and you’d need to check with them.

I’ll be doing this, thank you.

Got it, thank you.

Thank you for your time and help attempting to resolve this.