Can't log on to battle.net on Diablo 2

When I log on to battle.net I get a “You were disconnected from battle.net. Please reconnect.” When I try to send a ticket, they tell me I’ve been put on a temporary restriction and have to wait 2 weeks, they can’t tell me why I’ve been put on a temporary restriction and I have been put back on a temporary restriction twice, after waiting 2 weeks.

Why am I being temporarily restricted?
How can you stop me from being put on it?

Hey ArkonC,

Temporary restrictions for Diablo II can be due to multiple causes. You can find some details and specific reasons in the following Support Article :

Yeah, I got sent that link by in one of the replies to my support ticket, none of the reasons apply, I did aa fresh install of diablo 2 LOD and instantly got temp restricted when I tried to connect to battle.net.

I’m having the same issue, I installed the game, I had the original one ( CD ) and it says that “You were disconnected from the servers please reconnect”. I’m in a dormitory in Hungary I’m playing from here maybe the internet connection of the dormitory is the problem or what? I’m a bit tilted that I can’t play this game… I used to play hearthstone, diablo 3 and HOTS from this internet spot, what is the problem with the D2 and how can I fix it? Please blizzard reply me I really want to play the game that give me good vibes

Still cannot connect, in my third two week “temporary” restriction now…
I put temporary in quotes because if I get temporarily restricted every time I try to go online, it’s functionally permanent…

Why can’t I even play with a brand new cd key? I bought the game to be banned instantly and I couldn’t play a single minute with the game why is that?? So I payed for that? Thank you blizzard! You’re not even responding to me…

still no reason why…

Did you accidentally connect using a VPN? This is what got me temp banned for 3 days.

Nope, but thanks for trying to help, it’s more than blizzard seems to be doing…

Blizzard could you please respond? Or tell us what can we do to check that if our CD-key or IP is banned or not? We want to play the game we bought from you…

Suffering the same, was able to play for a few hours then on the next day I logged back in and got straight “temp banned” the IP hasn’t change from where I logged in from yesterday and it was a new bought CD-Key, I mean waiting queues for more then 10min for a game are already a pain, but this is horrible we pay money and get temp banned for nothing.

I can play D3, CoD, Hearthstone everything but the old D2 is f… up gameplay for legit players. Why?

Could we get a reply or you just leave us hanged? At least say that yes you bought it and you cant play it and deal with it… At least you should say something to us

Still cannot connect, the issue persists…

If the issue persists past the 14 days you may want to contact you ISP as well and see if they’re aware of any issues connecting to our services.

The issue is likely to persist in some cases depending on the connections used, for example if VPNs are active.

I really wanted to play your game… Now I log into it in my parents house and it worked for 5 mins, then I quitted battle net and tryed to reconnect but now it’s just keep connecting but nothing happens it says try reconnect later! THANK YOU BLIZZARD THAT I’M BANNED FOR NO REASON AND YOU CAN’T EVEN TELL ME WHY AND WHAT I SHOULD DO!!! I wanted to play your god damn game and I got banned from it… I DUNNO WHY COZ YOU’RE NOT REPLYING ME! You are ROBBING PEOPLE!!! I payed for that game and I cant play it and you wont even tell my I can’t!! Please BANN ME FOREVER JUST BECAUSE BUT BEFORE YOU DO STEAL ALL MY MONEY THANKS!

1 Like

Informative bump, not for nothing.

Still no reply…
Still no reply…
Still no reply…
Still no reply…