Can't update Diablo 2 to version 1.14d

I install Diablo 2 and when i want to install patch 1.14d the Blizzard updater always say that i close the game when game is not even running. I tryied to download manual patch from Blizzard support but it won’t even start to download. I did try everything, disabling antivirus programs, countles rebooting, etc… I really tried everything from tech forums but it seems that nothing works. I can only run game in single player mode on installed 1.14b version. If anyone have that same problem and how to fix it?

I would recommend working through the steps here, it looks like you tried some already but you might not have tried them all.

Should none of the steps work please remove any installed versions of Diablo 2 and reinstall the game, then try again to patch it.

I’m having the same issue. I am downloading the versions of D2 & D2 LoD, I get to the checking versions portion while attempting to connect to USWest then it tells me I can not connect to Bnet, which is odd as I am always logged in to the bnet launcher :stuck_out_tongue:

I looked up the patching legacy titles article, but the uninstall/reinstall thing is not working… also, boy howdy is the launcher a mess; loads up with three script errors. I’m on PC so it is not a weird Mac thing, so I really am just looking for the patch as a manual download.

I just want to frozen orb the council a few hundred times to hopefully satisfy the itch that watching people stream D2 Resurrected has created in me.

2 Likes

I hawe exactly the same problem as described abowe. Any help would be gratefull.

Same problem here, unable to patch 1.14d and play online :confused: blizz breaking old games again?

I was able to get mine to patch from 1.14b (version installed by the installer from the website) to 1.14d by simply closing and reopening the game many times and pressing the battle.net button inside the game.

However, it’s still mostly saying it cannot connect to Battle.net when pressing the button. I get through to the logon screen once in a while. I think the servers are busy or being DDOS’d or whatever.

i run diablo 2 in administration mod. And patch is updates succesfully.

1 Like

I tried to install it through administrator mode and yet it still giving me that error. I am not sure if the update was taken offline due to it is old and the beta coming out or it does not work at all.

Try to log in to the Asia server. US East and West were doing the same thing for me, but the Asia server started the update. So it’s worth a shot.

16 Likes

Just had this problem. To fix:

1. Run D2 in compatibility mode.
  2. Change realm to asia.
  3. click on battle.net.

It should work. I found US West/East coast weren’t working for me at all.

27 Likes

try changing the region i tried them all untill one of them worked and let me update to verion 1.14D hope this helps

2 Likes

Only Asia works - thank you!

2 Likes

I tried everything listed that should fix this. I still cannot connect. I wish Blizzard would put some effort into making this work properly especially because its something we paid for!

i went to google and downloaded the patch from mobbd. worked and im online now!

This worked for me. Thank you!

I tried all of the other stuff said around the internet, and simply switching servers worked for me… sometime official solutions aren’t the best!

You are a god. Thanks man, need to try some stuff out before resurrected :wink:

Closing an old thread that was necro’d