COD MW -"Windows not supported" !NEW BYPASS FIX! ISSUE LOCATED?

Many players out there still have an enormously annoying bug where the text “Your Opterating System is not supported” pops up every time you try to start COD MW from the Blizzard app. This can currently be bypassed by simply pressing “no” and then it starts after exiting the followup window.

After looking into every “solution” and “bypass” out there i started messing around myself. I soon found out that when i started the game from the Gamefolder using the file “ModernWarfare.exe” (as administrator) it wolked 10 times in a row without the window popping up and without any lag what so ever! The same thing goes for the file “Modern Warfare Launcher.exe”, where it actually started up through the blizzard app and the bug vanished!

Now for the real problem,
So the error does not seem to lie in the gamefiles themselves, but in the Blizzard desktop app?
You can ofcourse play the game from the gamefolder every time by simply creating a shortcut to your desktop, but should you have to?

Anyone with any ideas what might be causing this problem with the Blizzard app?

Cheers!

It may be a permissions issue.

Update windows:

Make sure your CoD installation folder is not set to Read-only. This can be caused by copying the game installation folder from a second hard drive.

• Right-click on your Call of Duty folder.
  • Select Properties.
  • Uncheck Read-only.
  • Make sure that “Apply changes to this folder, subfolders, and files” is selected.
  • Click the Apply button.
  • Click OK.

If the issue persists follow these steps:

I FOUND IT read this guys i’m only posting it once what fixed it for me after months was something sooo stupid. go into your modern warfare and Battle.net properties and then compatibility and make sure that the box that says run compatibility check is NOT CHECKED. on both applications the game and launcher. i promise you this worked for me!!! the problem was it kept running a compatibility test for windows 8 everytime you start the game, and so the game would assume you were running on an old windows therefore giving you the message or if you by pass it and play you would only get 50fps and a lot of crashing.

6 Likes

I have been having the same problem for months and I finally figured out why. To fix this go to display settings and make sure the size of text, apps, and other items is set to 100% even though that may not be the recommended setting. I was so surprised when that worked for me. I hope this helps!

1 Like

bro thank you so fucking much man much love hope for the best for u man

I LOVE YOU 2021 still having this issue

Please do not necro older threads.