COD Warzone crash to desktop fix?!

Dont touch CPU , just close the launcher after game starts. Thats works for me fine. 0 Crashes after doing this.

Try uninstalling nvidia drivers and then download older… January 2020 driver… seems to be working for me.

Few days everything is OK, and now after update drop to desktop again. WTF… Fix IT!!!

3 Likes

Same problem here. Was working fine for a few days. Now with the update, same problem as before.

same goes for me right now and I have no idea what to do…

I played this morning, everything was fine, and in the afternoon (EU west time) when the game updated it started to crash mid game every single time. I can still hop into the looby and start the game but after couple minutes in the game It completely crashes back to the blizzard launcher. I tried all the video solutions possible for the last 4 hours but nothing worked yet…

same here… was doing this a couple weeks ago. Been fine for over a week now and today its crashing to desktop again. wtf

2 Likes

Same here. Yesterday just after the update started to crash. Tried DX11 command, tried different graphic settings, tried different NVIDIA settings, tried scan and repair, tried some deleting cache files and scan and repair, and finally I tried reinstalling the whole f game. Crashes.

PS.
Just tried the video above with renaming launcher. Worked for me. THX.

1 Like

In my case, the problem seems to be with the patches.

It was working fine a few weeks ago and then started crashing to desktop again after a patch. Then, the game was patched last weekend (Friday?) and it no longer CTD.

Then, the game was patched again yesterday and now I can’t play again.

The current problem is the same as in every other case: I parachute in and then, after a few minutes, I crash to desktop with no error message or anything.

Sometimes, depending on the patch, the CTD does not always occur. Currently, it occurs every time.

Perhaps there are a multitude of causes of this CTD, but I suspect that the problem lies in the patches rather than the myriad of fixes one can find in forums and the web in general.

1 Like

I think youre right but its kinda frustrating when you cant do anything about it while some people are still runung the game fine, knowing the game is and could be an awesome battle royale experience…

I fix that problem with some very stupid changes in graphic settings.

I can send u photos of graphic settings so u can try 2
Film grain and ambient oclusion did make my CPU 100% usage problems

1 Like

Hi,

Same here after the last update, crash again and previous fixes don’t work anymore (nvidia settings, drivers updated, rename .exe etc etc…)
I notice that everytime i launch a game (even practice mode) when the GPU goes to 59°C it crash

I am running :

GTX 970
8G RAM
Intel i5-4460 CPU 3.20GHz

same here… never crashed before.
GTX 970
i5 4670k
8 gb ram

I fixed it like this - after each update I delete the Documents \ Call of Duty Modern Warfare \ players folder

Renaming the ModernWarfare.exe helped, but since the new update the game is crashing again and the renamed ModernWarfare.exe gets duplicated.
It’s extremely annoying and I find it baffling that this is STILL an issue. Of the six people I play with 3 have or had this issue.

Try this:

Works in 100%

2 Likes

Hello all,

I think I have solved my crash to desktop problem. Problem is REDDIT is blocking my posts to post a fix for it. After doing all the possible stuff like cache cleaning, reinstalling, tweaking and command line arguments, I am now able to run with Radeon 7950 @ 1200MHz CPU (1000 Default) & 1575MHz Memory (1200 default) and been flawless ever since.

System Specs:

Windows 10 build 1909

AMD A10-6800K

Gigabyte GA-F2A85X-UP4

Gigabyte GV-R795WF3-3GD Rev 2.0 (AMD 7950 Stock clockings 1050 MHz CPU / 1200 MHz Memory, Overclocked to 1200MHz CPU / 1575MHz Memory)

802.11ac 1200 USB Wifi adapter Rock Solid connection

Slow HDD Western Digital 500gb WD740

What you need to fix your issue.

!* Due to Reddit policy, it was blocking my links to the actual locations so please do google searches for the following.

Process Tamer from Donation Coder. (google search “Process Tamer”)
Older version not working with Windows 10. Below for Windows 10 version.

Before downloading, consider donating to the programmer, to continue his efforts and provide a release version for Windows 10. (google search “donate donationcoder”)

Beta Windows 10 version which works flawlessly (google search “Process Tamer New 2.14 Beta”)

The Manual method

Start the game. Once game is at lobby, goto Task Manager, Details tab, find “ModernWarfare.exe” and right click on it. Select Set Priority > Above Normal and then continue playing. You must do this each time you start your game.

Using Process Tamer

Install Process Tamer, Start your game, Goto Process Tamer - Configuration and add Explicit Rule for ModernWarfare.exe Force Above Normal. In Configuration Tab, disable Tame Applications based on CPU usage. Once this is done, it will automatically start Warzone each time with above normal priority.

Please confirm if this solved your issue and let others know about this. Don’t forget, if you use Process Tamer, please consider a donation to the program writer Mouser.

UPDATE: Just played 2 days straight whole game and confirmed working with no crashing.

Hi, this worked for me! (Note - it’s that same as the second video posted in this thread a few posts up).
Open the game
Go back to windows
Set Modern Warfare process priority to ‘normal’
Change the name of Modernwarfare.exe file in the game folder to Modernwarfare.exe1
Will have to do that process every time you play the game. When finished, Deere the Modernwarfare.exe1 file as a new Modernwarfare.exe file will be created when you close the game.
Thanks so much!

1 Like

fix for me with crashing was installing nvidia hotfix drivers. GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 445.98
no more crash after this. ** makes me wonder if this was a issue Fixed an issue where the shader cache was sometimes incorrectly purged on app launch *** but what ever this update did fixed it.