D2 keys in use by me

Redeemd my old diablo 2 and expansion keys on my battlenet account and downloaded the installers but when i tried to play online i keep getting a message saying “my key is currently in use by registered on battle.net” now i know alof of people have been having similar issues however i had no problem registering my 16 digit keys into 26 digit keys and its showing on my account so i downloaded the digital version of LOD and ran it but it keeps giving me this same message even after delteting ad restarting and after a full shutdown of my cpu, i dont think im doing anything wrong so why isnt it working.

Greetings, zaigfreid! o/

Follow the steps in this article, and if you still have problems after that, contact our Game Masters, so they can have a look and try to resolve the problem:

thats not the problem i have been having, my issue is i havent been able to log on period even once, my game opens fine and i can play solo but ive never logged into a character or gotten dced it doesnt even say the key is in use by me, its blank where there should be a name, i cant imagine anyone else would be on my keys as they have already been claimed on my account and converted from 16 digits i only have the one account also. so i dont understand why it is not letting me log in.

Are you getting the “You were disconnected from Battle . net. Please reconnect” error?

If so, your access has been restricted. I had the same happening to me on 8th of November… support tells me I’m banned until 22nd for just clean installing the game and trying to log in for the first time.

EDIT: hahahhah blizzard doesn’t allow me to add links in the post… not even to their own support channels… djeezes… what are you guys doing

battle . net / forums/en/bnet/topic/20744224965

no thats not the issue, im not even getting to log in to begin with, im getting the “your cd key is in use by “___” claimed on battle.net” issue where its just blank but no one else is on my account and the keys are claimed on my acccount, its just not letting me jump on and idk why

Hey there Zaigfreid!

Really sorry for the confusion, seems we provided you with the wrong link :frowning:
You can find the correct article for your case here.

To give you a bit of context, the message you get simply means that your installation is somewhat still using old cd keys, possibly related to an old installation of the game. You’ll need to make sure that all traces of the game are removed before reinstalling it, using exclusively the digital installers (for both D2 and lod) and the 26 digits cd keys you have on your Account management page.

ive already seen this article and followed its instructions, ive scoured all over the place and wiped the files completely so idk what the issue is, i even tried to buy a new digital version but it wouldnt even let me do that, not that i really feel i should have to spend more money for a product i already own. this is particularly frustrating as there doesnt seem to be a fix and its been about 4 days now back and forth.