Diablo 2 BATTLE.net connection problem

Hello, I am having a similar issue, I am deployed to Afghanistan, so I have to use a VPN for just about everything. The game worked fine with the VPN for a few days (it wouldn’t run at all without it) and now I guess I am banned??? When I try logging in with the VPN it says the whole disconnected from battle.net thing, without the VPN running it just wont connect like usual.

Hi could you tell me how long my ban is? I tried a ticket but no answer

I created a post about the same issue, being banned for using VPN over a week ago with no answer. I’d like to also know when i’m allowed to play again.

I don´t know why, but it seems that I got banned too. Can anybody tell me why and how long? I bought the game new to look forward to the new diablo 2 resurrected

I had this problem i logged in at first with a VPN on (not realising it auto banned you ) . i then downloaded the EnUS versions of d2 and the LOD, instead of the ENGB, reinstalled i then hard reset my hub and set it up, this changed my ip, and let me log back in, (making sure the vpn was off this time)

this is the download link that helped fix it for me

Blizzard’s response to those (aka everyone that plays d2) with this issue - “F off, and wait. After your ban expires I would suggest you avoid playing the game to avoid future bans.”

hello all

This might seem a noob request, but that’s probably because I am a noob.
After I bought the game yesterday and installed it I immediatly wanted to connect to battle.net.
I got that error that everyone is talking about.
I’m not using a VPN, I’m not using suspicious 3th party programs, as far as I know, I’m not doing anything against the rules but still I fail to connect to battle.net.

Is there a way to see if you are banned or not? Because if it’s not the case, I need to try to figure out what heck is wrong.

After so many years of not being able to play this awesome game I wanted to feel the thrill again of find that awesome item, but unfortunately it’s not working.

Many thanks for the support.

Greetings

Xenn

Edit/ I just found out my ISP (biggest one in Belgium) seems to be blocked by the Blizzard servers.
Did I really just spend €20 on a game I can’t play online because Blizzard isn’t fixing this for more than a year?

So the next question would be, how can I get a refund ?

1 Like

How do I have someone check to see if I have a 14-day ban or not? I just got off work and started D2 up but wasn’t aware of the VPN thing.

I Bought the game and finally have it downloaded but got an error that said seed to seed is something (cant remember but only lets me play in window mode ) after i DL the game and havent even made an account on diablo2 LoD because it says Checking version… then it fails…HAVENT EVEN MADE AN ACCOUNT ON DIABLO YET

I just created a norm game by accident so instantly quit as I wanted to create hell game and now can’t log in :frowning: how long is my ban?

Im from IRAN and because of limited internet connectivity i myst use vpn for reaching game diablo immortal
Now i cant type or chat in game it says that unable to connect battle.net pls try again later.may i ask the reason?

@Mehran,

Hi,

This forum is for technical support on Blizzard’s Classic Games — legacy games such as Diablo II (2000).

Diablo Immortal has 2 forums for in-game issues:

If you are playing DI on a mobile device, see : https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/276851

If you are on a PC, there is some troubleshooting that you can try here: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/99037

If you have already done that, or if it doesn’t solve the issue, post on the DI Tech Support forum or contact Blizzard Customer Support with a ticket – the blue-coloured words on the ticket are links to additional procedures and information.

I hope this helps you.

P.S. : this topic is more than 2 years old… in the future, if you cannot find a recent (less than one month) topic, it is better to create a new one and put in all the information related to your case. In this particular case, this topic is about Diablo II (2000) and issues with VPN (ie, automatic temporary restriction on the IP used to connect — as far as I know, that type of issue does not exist in Diablo Immortal).

Take care !!