Diablo 2! Constantly getting error/crash

Hi,

I’ve got a problem with downloading/installing Diablo 2 for my Mac.

First problem happened a week ago, when I decided return playing D2.

When i started my client, nothing happened but an error occurred.

I deleted and reinstalled the game. But to my surprise it kept “freezing” during Battle net PatchUpdate.

Agian, I reinstalled the game. THIS time it worked fine… Until i quit the game and relaunched the game, nothing happened… Agian an error occurred…

For the third time i tried to delete/reinstall the game. But now I cant even download the installer for D2.

An error occurred while trying to download D2-1.14b-Installer-enUS.

There was a problem authenticating your download. Please go to http://www.blizzard.com/account/ to start a new download.

Hope to get help, Thanks.

Hello Baboo,

This error indicates a file permissions problem. To make sure your file and administrator permissions are set correctly, follow the instructions on our Administrator Mode page, then try to start the downloader again.

Please ensure that you also have the latest Mac OS X version.

If the problem persists switch to the EU site and download/use that installer

Hi Shilmael

Okay. Got past the Error. But now it says:
Insufficient space, please free up an additional space.

I got 140GB+ available. I tried to install another game, not a problem (space)

Hey Baboo,

If you have multiple drives check exactly the one where you were trying to install Diablo II and see how much space you got there. Diablo II needs 1.9 GB of free space.

If that is not the problem then it may be due to permission issues. If you confirm there is enough free space for the install and still encounter this issue, the following steps will address any permission issues (you can test the game after each single step):

1. Repair Disk Permissions to resolve any issues between the OS and the HDD/SSD.
  2. Repair the individual folder permissions for our desktop application and game client.
  3. Use selective login to remove potential software conflicts.
  4. Create a new administrator login to try the install with a fresh profile.

Still doesnt work… Guess I wont be able to play the game.