Diablo 2 Resurrected can't be opened from the Battle.net app

I can’t open D2R from the Battle.net. Each time it’s shown error window with the text:
“Failed to initialize graphics device. Please ensure your PC meets the minimum system requirements and your drivers are up to date”
I use GeForce RTX 2060 videocard, so it should be enough for minimum requirements. Also I tried now update my drivers, but after that problem is still reproduced.
But, game can be launched from the Game.exe file in game directory and there game works fine. If I try to open game again from the Battle.net it always crash with that error.

4 Likes

Even after the patch this morning in Europe still have the game crash at start.

1 Like

I have same issue with GTX 770 with latest drivers Geforce Game Ready 471.68 can’t initialize graphic from Battle.net. Game.exe also doesn’t work same error.

1 Like

How do I get to game.exe?

How do I get to game.exe file on my laptop to access diablo

Open the folder where you installed game. The “game.exe” file should be right there, you don’t need to search it. For example I installed game on this path “D:/game/D2”, so I just open the D2 folder and exe file is there. Also you can open folder from the battle.net app, just click the settings button near the play button and there should be option to open folder where game is installed

i cant even get the “game_exe” to work, it still gives me the error, regardless of if im launching it from my folder or the bnet app, kinda cheesed, was hyped for all of 5 minutes when i saw that beta was open, up to the point i couldnt get it to launch.

same problem Bro. still burning in thirst to set my foot into tristram…

My video card is Radeon 6800XT, and I have already tried to delete and install a graphic driver
. However, still the same error “Failed to initialize graphics device. Please ensure your PC meets the minimum system requirements, and your drivers are up to date”.
I also launched Game.exe. It crashed with an error.
Sometimes I could launch but when I clicked into the log in, it crashed again

Have the same problem :frowning:

I can’t even start the game from the EXE. No matter what i try i just get the same failed to initialize graphics device message. I have tried all the fixes i could find on the internet but none of them work. I thought it was because i’m still on windows 8.1 but i have seen people on windows 10 having the same problem. My GPU is the GTX 1080 TI FTW3.

1 Like

Well I’m glad it’s not just ME and all the rest of us running Windows Parallels on MAC. All the other games work fine. Just not D2R. Same error, failing to initialize graphics. So I just paid $40 for broken software. Wonderful.

Same issue. Data from blz-log. GTX 970M
9/24 01:34:19.735 [Prism/4] [<>:0]: Unsupported API Backend
9/24 01:34:19.735 [D2Prism/5] [<>:0]: Fatal: failed to create device.
9/24 01:34:19.773 [D2Prism/4] [<>:0]: Available GPU vendor ID 32902 driver version 921768l device name Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
9/24 01:34:19.773 [D2Prism/4] [<>:0]: Available GPU vendor ID 4318 driver version 859687l device name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
9/24 01:34:19.773 [D2Prism/4] [<>:0]: Available GPU vendor ID 5140 driver version 629164776l device name Microsoft Basic Render Driver
9/24 01:34:21.158 [D2Win/5] [<>:0]: Fatal failure during initialization.

There are a few known issues right now with work arounds which can be found in this thread.

I would also recommend you check here. If you are being affected by this then we hope to deploy a fix soon to resolve the issue.