Diablo 2 Still not working in belgium ! Fix this

They already have your money, they don’t care.

And they still don’t!

I made a ticket and they just dance around the problem.

I really want to play d2!

#D2FREEBELGIUM !!!

Please unban us!

Still not fixed… great job. Tried using my phone as a hotspot, turns out you can’t use that anymore…

Yeah it’s a real shame we cant play just because we have a certain type of connection…
I’d really like to freshen up on my Diablo 2 before Resurrected releases, which could be another year from now…

ow is this why i can"t play online. wauw thx blizz. is this also why i cant play pd2 online? anyone knows?

I just re installed the game. It used to work for me before a few months ago (Germany). But now I can not connect at all. After my research in several topics I don’t think I will even try to open a support ticket and waste more time. Not even sure if I should buy ressurected at this point. I mean wc3 reforged was not a pleasant experience as well… I really do not understand how/why the best games company turns themselves into a scam company. Sad…

Its outragious , had same problem a year ago , been back and forth with bliz help ; bought ticket and all and not ONCE have they informed me that they just blocked the biggest provider in the whole country … i lost every item by now that i saved up over 20 years play just becouse the lazy blizzard support refuses to fix or even inform me this issue exists . no they rather come out with fake accusation of me using forbidden programs , bot , hacks or whatever they can think of rather then just admitting there own failures . 20 years of playing nothing but blizzard games and this is the thanks i get?

Reposting this since this was rightfully deleted as I was acting immature for which I apologize. Here is the edited forumfriendly version as this is still a serious issue that has to be addressed.
I’m affected in the same way. I repurchased diablo 2 since my old retail keys from 20 years ago were banned for some reason. I was really excited to revisit this game from my childhood but instead I got the you were disconnected from battlenet message. I made a ticket making my case that I didn’t use any VPN or business connection and that all other things they claim causes the issue don’t apply to me as I have to be able to log in to do most of them. Support immediately marked as resolved giving me a list of things that could cause the issue I literally just said don’t apply to me! And now I see this forum thread telling me it’s because my ISP the biggest one in Belgium is completely banned from use in this game? excuse me?! I never changed ISP’s in my life! It used to work perfectly before! Why?!

also telenet lmao wanted to play d2 but cant cause of this just bought the game again after 20 years installed and got banned …honestly its funny af, this topic still hasnt gotten a reply after a year ?? #freeBelgium

omg been trying to connect to battlenet also for the past weeks.
and now I finaly found this post it all makes sense since i’m also a telenet user.
this is kinda f*up

Same here, bought the game more then a year ago. Not able to connect to battlenet. I hope they wil fix this soon used to play 7 years non stop. And im hoping they solve the problem for Telenet customers and all the customers around the globe. I want to play on bnet once again for many years to come. So pls guys fix this asap kind regards

Same problem here. Moved back to Belgium 6 months ago, have been trying off and on to connect to Battlenet with no luck. Was working just fine before moving. Have tried all the fixes suggested on various websites with no succes. Finally came across a post linking the problem to Telenet. Tried connecting with hotspot from my phone (after waiting 2 weeks) and connected no problem! I can’t believe that Blizzard is blocking all people just for having Telenet as the ISP. Can’t you fix this???

why on earth would business / corporate internet services take even a sec of there time to spend on a 20 year old game? it makes no sence to block these … i’ve never seen a serious bussines with there strategy ‘’ lets play diablo 2 and try gain profit out of it ‘’

A month later and still not fixed. Thanks blizzard for proving that you don’t care anything for your old fanbase…

Blizzard,

Telenet has more than 1 and half million (!) private users in Belgium.

How can you guys not be able to find a solution ??? (1,5 million users!!!)

On top of that, I will ad that this vice is hidden. It is a legal issue of wich Blizzard IS legally RESPONSIBLE !!! There is no way for anyone buying a game to know that they won’t be able to play before purchase. This vice is thus one to be considered “hidden” to the client.

We are being properly scammed. You are LVL 100 and we are LVL 1. Please try and find a solution for this problem. I am certain you can figure something out.

Best regards.
Rutger.

:sweat_smile: hahaha LVL 100 VS LVL 1 hahahahaha :rofl:

Hey Blizz! Maybe start doing something?

Just play project diablo 2. Geen probleem op hun servers :slight_smile: