Diablo 2 You have been disconnected from battle.net

Hello i bought this game yesterday and i cant access the multiplayer option, whenever i press battle.net it says you have been disconnected from battle.net please try again. i have tried opening support tickets but they dont submit and dissapear from my active tickets. nothing shows there and i have submited like 5 tickets. i have tried contacting live chat, but after i click submit nothing happens and it dosnt show up in active tickets. i have followed the connection guide but it does not work. i dont have a bussiness ip either so its not that. i cant conntact support. i have tried on 2 pcs and my phone to contact support. please help or refund. id prefer help cuz i really want to play.

Hi there NooN :slight_smile:
I can see that you did get through to support yesterday, so I’m glad you got to speak to us.

Regarding your access to the online Diablo II servers, your situation can happen for a number of reasons.

Anyone on the same connection could have caused the issue however there are a number of possible reasons. You can find a brief breakdown of some possible reasons here:

• Attempting to use an invalid CD-Key
  • Spamming a chat channel or spamming over multiple channels
  • The use of bots
  • Harassing other players or clans
  • Advertising inappropriate websites or services
  • The use of third-party or add-on programs

Along with this, please also be ware that our classic games only supports regular residential connections and the use of Proxy or VPN services are not allowed.
If you use a VPN or Proxy, it can trigger a suspension.

Hi there Shynt,

It looks like I have the same problem. I sometimes use a vpn service to watch my regular shows when I’m working abroad. It seems this service may have been active on start-up without my knowing. Could this be the reason I cannot connect to battle.net? It worked fine for over a week… If this is the case, why did I not get some sort of notification (on my blizzard account for instance) and for how long will my use of battle.net be restricted?

Thanks in advance,
kooltje

I am getting exactly the same issue with my D2 Battle.net account, but I do not use any VPN. My power went out for about 15 minutes and when it reconnected I can no longer connect to any realm, even though WoW Classic Battle.net is fine. Surely they do not place a temp ban on an IP address for having a disconnection mid-game. :expressionless:

This probably happened to me because of a VPN… I think I saw this message a few times, but it was fixed within a few hours or maybe next day. Now it’s not going away… how long is this suspension for??

Same problem here… i do fast mf runs and sometimes get a 10000 que for making a new game, i think its because battlenet thinks im a bot or something… how do we fix this ???

14 days. Here’s the text of my support ticket response. My VPN was active when I tried to sign in and that triggered the suspension.

"I understand you are having troubles with Diablo 2 and connection issues with battle.net. It does look like you are temporarily suspended for fourteen days. Before trying to connect again I do recommend the following.

• Make sure you are not using any VPNs, VMWARE or Virtual Box. You will want to be on a residential connection, if you are unsure if your connection is residential you can check a trace route or contact your ISP.
  • Power Cycle Your Network Devices
  • IP Release, Renew, and Flush DNS
  • If you are using Cloudflare DNS try switching over to Google DNS

You will also want to make sure you are not doing any of the following as they can cause what you are seeing:
• Rapidly connecting and disconnecting from Battle.net
• Switching between accounts or characters too quickly
• Leaving and joining games too quickly

You can view the rest of the list here:

Please understand that Diablo 2 is a very old game (20 years) that uses the original battle.net system which is very sensitive. Because of this these are automated systems that we can only view but not touch. We cannot reduce or remove suspensions.

Click here to review and resolve your ticket. If you continue to experience issues, you can respond to your ticket with additional information.

If you do not resolve the ticket or provide an additional response within one week, we will resolve the ticket automatically and you’ll receive a final update via email.

Regards,
Blizzard Support"