Diablo Immortal removed from play store in NL and BE

My question is, I live in The Netherlands and can still pre-register on PC, will PC also be unavailable for us to play or will we be able to play on PC only?

Diablo Immortal launches for the iOS, Android, and the PC on June 2, 2022. However, some countries will not be able to download the game as the game has been de-listed from their respective storefronts.

Currently, the following countries are the only known areas where Diablo Immortal will be unavailable to play:

Belgium
Netherlands

While there is no official word from Blizzard, Diablo Immortal is no longer listed in the Google Play and Apple Store for the indicated countries.

5 Likes

I would love some clarrification here aswell. A blue post would be nice!

2 Likes

Belgian here, would love some communication about this to. Can we expect a release at a later date?

/golfclap

They made the game so predatory that itā€™s not even allowed to launch by law in those countries. I canā€™t wait until more countries adopt this law.

Iā€™m done with them.

4 Likes

Blizzard officials have said to tweakers.nl that they are not releasing the game in Netherlands & Belgium.

Just like Lost Ark, horrible mistake mainly for The Netherlands cause EA actually won the court case begin march vs the Dutch government where the judges stated itā€™s not gambling so no reason to block the game in NL nowā€¦

Belgium is another story tho.

So Immortal has lootboxes? i dont understand why they dont release it in here in the netherlandsā€¦ i wonder when they are gonna give more details here

Blizzard has completely lost there mind, how can I buy loot boxes for Overwatch but not in Diablo Immortal, makes no sense, please Blizzard respondā€¦

1 Like

Blizzard hasnā€™t lost itā€™s mind. Your government has.
Also: If you can buy lootboxes in Overwatch then that is a problem Blizzard really should fix by disabling that for you.

Iā€™m sure no government is perfect, but at least ours is trying to protect there citizen.

Iā€™m from the Netherlands and in a way I was looking forward to this game - being a big fan of the Diablo franchise. Now I know there are probably ways to circumvent the region lock and still play the game, but I will not do that. Why? Because the way I see it, this is basically a ā€˜reskinā€™ of a million other pay to win games out there.

As far as I am aware Diablo Immortal and Lost Ark are the only two games that are banned in the Netherlands. I have played Lost Ark for a while and I can say it is one of the most pay to win PC games I have played (many mobile games were worse though). Seeing Diablo Immortal added to this short list of banned games makes me sad, really. Seeing the Diablo franchise being turned into a pay to win concept really hurts. I was like 10 years old when I first played Diablo 1. Am I becoming nostalgic or do people actually enjoy pay to win games nowadays? Or has it been so long that a good non pay to win game came out that people do not even remember what itā€™s like anymore?

Have a great day.

1 Like

I live in belgium and have been able to pre-load the game on pc but after hearing about this I send a ticket to ask for more info. All the could tell me is that itā€™s indeed for legal reasons, so yeah most likely cause of lootboxes. Depending how that is implemented in this game Iā€™m wondering if it shouldnā€™t be possible for Blizzard to do like the did with Overwatch, just disable the in-game store for the countries that donā€™t allow them. But that would depend on how the store is integrated in the code I guess.
The anwer I got about why I was able to pre-load was pretty much yeah that sometimes happens but you probably wonā€™t be able to connect to the servers when they go liveā€¦

Do you guys not have pĢ¶hĢ¶oĢ¶nĢ¶eĢ¶sĢ¶ crippling gambling addiction ?
Hopefully people stop buying into this crap, itā€™s a worse game in all regards to itā€™s predecessors

2 Likes

Do you guys not have games without illegal predatory profit schemes that are targeted at children and isolated nerds?

2 Likes

I got a hold of the game and can play it, but you canā€™t buy anything, but oh damn this is a shit version of diablo is just a shame on blizzard. I had to uninstall it after 3 days. If any admin can close this topic that would be fine, the game should not be allowed to be in existence.

2 Likes

Itā€™s called ā€œGamblingā€ and the disgusting ingame Shop System is forbidden in these Countrysā€¦ this game and Company should be forbiddenā€¦ what a shame what Blizzard has come toā€¦ Hey Blizzard ā†’ ā€œNo King rules foreverā€ ā†

3 Likes

remove diablo immortal globallyā€¦ and the one fella we all remember from 2018 who said ā€œwait you guys donā€™t have phones ?ā€ā€¦

1 Like

Capitalists rob people. Labor through the gray scheme. The child takes the phone from his mother. Installs diablo immortal. The child is trying to take 100-200 dollars from his mother to upgrade the hero and buy armor. The working people of the USA are being robbed. Damn capitalists.

1 Like