First time Diablo 2 LoD 1.14D player with upgrade questions

I came across all my old PC games and am having a go at the originals before connecting to Bnet for updates. I upgraded to as far as possible without, which for D2 LoD is 1.14D

I am starting Act V normal and looking at socketing, upgrading base items, and crafting.

For socketing, I want a crystal sword with 4 sockets. Are any normal items dropped level 26 or above before cow/NM?

Upgrading base items, does this just increase attack/defense stat or does it also change any affixes like +dmg or the like?

Crafting items, is it worth it? What level will the items be and will they ever be socketed?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

You should ask those questions on the Diablo II Classic General Discussion; it’s buried in the D2R forums on the America region – there is no equivalent forum in Europe:

This forum here is for technical support — installation / updates and connection issues, and crashes — on old games such as Diablo II and the games in the Blizzard Arcade Collection.

I’m not going to answer your questions… I don’t consider myself an expert in the game and would not want to mislead you with bad or incomplete answers. I will provide one link however… and that’s to Arreat Summit… just in case you don’t already have it:

Welcome back to Diablo II Classic and best of luck in your games !

1 Like