I want to delete my account asap

I wanted to delete my account and all my games, data etc. and i sent a ticket. Why do you require my id photo/scan? I didnt show it to you before anyway, so you couldnt tell if its really me. Or maybe you are trying to steal my credentials?
Its illegal and dangerous in Poland to show IDs or give scans to anyone except certain authorities like police, and your company is not one of them, so fuck off and stop asking. Or should i just report your illegal activity?
I just want my account deleted, so do it.

11 Likes

Send them a letter reminding them of the right to be forgotten.

same. i cant even send request for that anymore.
i get error that there is open ticket, but there really is not.

1 Like

Hey there.

The reason why a picture of ID is required for account deletions is so that we can make sure that only the owner of the account requests for this deletion. We adhere to strict EU data protection laws and your ID card is only used for verification to make sure you are the owner. Once that’s done, the image is permanently deleted from our systems.

Account deletion can be done also via Phone number or authenticator too. There were issues early last week with these systems but those should be all fixed now so account deletion requests can be processed.

For reference, account deletion requests must always be made through the specific link found here.

And how we can be sure of that? In all that is totally unnecessary request to begin with. so fuck off and delete my account already.

1 Like

Nothing posted online is permanently deleted, why are you lying to us blizzard?

2 Likes

Tried 5 times; been denied 5 times because i don’t want to provide photo ID. Disgusting company.

Call in you prick, the representative above told you how to do it.

1 Like

That option ain’t there you nitwit. But you just keep on swallowing whatever blizz shoots your way; i don’t care mate.
EDIT: and stop silencing me and delete my account allrdy!

@jingoratin
“The reason why a picture of ID is required for account deletions is so that we can make sure that only the owner of the account requests for this deletion. We adhere to strict EU data protection laws and your ID card is only used for verification to make sure you are the owner”
What utter bullshit. Our accounts were created by email, so the EMAIL is what validates the account holder - NOT a photo ID!!!
“Account deletion can be done also via Phone number or authenticator too. There were issues early last week with these systems but those should be all fixed now so account deletion requests can be processed.”
is that so? So how do you explain that your fellow Game Master Laelkreste told me TODAY that the ONLY way to delete my account was via photo ID? There was NO mention of alternative methods.
You are blatantly and openly LYING to all your customers, and it is an absolute travesty - shame on you.

4 Likes

This issue doesn’t seem to be fixed. I can still only delete my account with an ID. This is an absurd procedure. No one should have to provide that kind of information to delete their Blizzard account.

How can they verify your ID card if they don’t have it in the first place to compare it to?

3 Likes

Locking this thread as the Classic Tech support forum is not the right place for this discussion. For any further information related to ID requests, have a look here or contact support directly for further information.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

1 Like