Just got D2 and can't access Battle.net

Hey,

So I just purchased Diablo 2 and LOD, installed it and tried to access Battle.Net. After it downloaded a new version and installed it (of battle.net that is) it got stuck for a few minutes on “Checking Versions” and then got a error that says “Can’t connect to bnet, try again in a few minutes”
Are the servers down or what? I saw a few people talking about Bans, but I just got the game…

I just want to play the game I paid for…

Hello Zigot!

We’re sorry to hear you experienced this problem. Please follow this guide to resolve the problem:

Thanks for getting back to me. Followed all the steps and still nothing. A few minutes of “Checking Versions” and then “Battle.net is not responding. Please try again in a few minutes”. So you are saying that it has to do with my network settings and it’s not a ban or anything like that?
Thanks!

Edit:
SO running a tracert it looks like I get a Request Timed Out after the 137.221.66.37 IP. I guess that is Blizzard’s IP from Netherlands. SO I am guessing it’s a temp ban? Also attempting to reconnect to Battle.net will result in another ban or an extension of the ban?

This literally makes no sense, I guess if a Blizz person can confirm that I have a ban and also for how long I am banned would make things a bit easier?

But still…

Just had this issue. Got banned after trying to stash some items on another character with a 14 day ban as a result of logging in-and-out to fast.

I get that they don’t want to do case-by-case work anymore to unblock people, but these restriction that only catch legit players offguard should just be removed. They’re not getting any of the bots with this since it’s clearly easy as cake to program around this.

i bought it a few days ago, in your shop (D2 & D2 LOD) but i cant find any key until now…i am gettin really angry

1 Like