Lazy Devs/ shame ban/ CD-key vs Licence-Key

Hey there! English aint my first language so take care with typos.

Anyway, Im so mad and even more, saaaad!
Even I got over 15days ban for this stupid thing, I hope Devs, maaaayvbe can fix it, so it wont hapend to others.

Anyway, my story:
Belive im not only one. D4 news and you feel you young again. And even more, nostalgia when you play D2. So its logic you wanna play, try out D2 again. For me, it was 5-8 years last time I play that game if not longer, cant tell.

I download D2 from blizzards webpage. After download, I install it. It says, write your cd-keys. I write my CD-keys. This will be fun!.
But it did not work. I maybe miss anything, try again. Wtf, again…
I got other CD key, when I was young I buy more then one Diablo2 when CD all the time got brooken. But that also did not work.

I chat with support and they said you need licencs key. Ohhh. Cool!
I write it down and it worked. But now I got problem conect to battlenet.

I read lots of things how you can get game going. I chat with support mutliple times and they give me tips I could try. But nothing work. I even reinstall my computer…

I read more stuff in forum and saw its common problem. But also saw som1 got banned, cuz he write down mutiple cd keys. and I was thinking holly crap!

It was 5-8years ago I play D2 last time and I try get my D2 going for over fk 10 hours and could it be so easy, I cant enter battlenet cuz I got banned, even I have nt even join the game yet.

I chat with support and yes. I have been banned for over 15days. he could not say why but he was nice guy. But yes. Its cuz I multiple write down wrong cd key!..

But heres the FK problem!

WHen you download the game. The game ask for CD-KEY. That cd-key I buy from the store, more then once. But game dont want CD-keys, even it says that. Game wants your licencs-Key.

When you reedem your CD-key on battlenet, you get Licents key and they aint same.

Im so mad and angry. Was thinking play D2 and try start it for… damn! its over 22.30pm now and I start with D2 when clock was 9am… thats even more then 10 hours…

Well… There must be some competent MOD here.
Tell the FK Dvs they need to change, It cant say WRITE CD KEY. When its your licents key. So people get banned for over half months!

I also love blizzard support. But ask yourself. even crappy games, there support can help and undo stuff that goes wrong. But support here cant do anything about this.

My love for Blizzard was high and im so happy for D4. Now im just pissed!

Again! You who work for Blizzard! Do anything about this. More people will fall in to this stupid pice of shit BAN TRAP! You dont want more people Pissed when they wanna play D2again after they saw D4.

I could take this if support could help me. But like this nice guy said I chat with, theres “nothing” he could do more then saw i got banned more then half month and it was IP ban.

Nice!

/Lummic

Hi, Lummic! o/

I think there’s a bit of a misunderstanding here.

Old CD keys are no longer valid to access Diablo II. You need an updated key, since they are more secure, and they are bout to Blizzard accounts, so they are easier to manage. In order to get such an updated key, you need to claim the old CD key in your Blizzard account, and then you get one, as you said (people that purchase the game from our digital shop get one of the new keys directly).

This new key and the old one may be different, but they refer to the same license. In other words, if the old CD key was banned, then, your new key is also banned.

Also, you don’t get banned for introducing an old CD key in the installation (unless you start trying with many different keys, then the system may throttle you, if the key you are using was banned already, or if the same key is used from many different locations). So the reason for this restriction must have a different cause.

I took the liberty to take a look at your account and your keys. Your Diablo II keys are not banned nor restricted. So it’s not a problem with the license. You are restricted from accessing the game though (again, not through the key).

So, while you will need to wait until the limitations expire (I escalated it for a second review, just in case, but no guarantees there), I would recommend you take a read through this article:

Remember that VPNs and the like are a big no in Diablo II, and check with your ISP, to see if they are using any cloud service in combination with their services, since that can cause some issues in this game. Finally, remember that we only support private connections (so no business/university networks).

1 Like

Like I said my English aint best and when I write longer it easy misunderstand me.

I know (!) now (!) you cant use old CD-keys. But not when I try install the game. It was so long ago I play D2 so had no idea you had to use new key, license key, or I just forgot, cant tell. But I redeem my old cdkeys long time ago for many many years.

Ofc theres nothing wrong with my keys. Dont know why you bring that up. -.-
I try explain again. You can also argu its my own foult even its not. And sure, I can take one small ban even blizzard fk up. But not when im banned over half month.

When you install the game. Game ask for CD-keys. And not license-key. Thats why im so pissed. And im sure thats why tons of new player saying they cant enter battlenet with D2 even they try log in as admin and try everything they can.
I saw at least a couple of people had same promes as me, banned cuz they use mutliple cd-keys when it was years ago they play last time.

When I try install the game I try 3 differents CD-keys I have. I also smash the keyboard and write random and was mad. I know im banned cuz I use multiple cd-keys and nothing else.

If you guys rly like your players you could fix this. But its sound to me people chose to be blue eyed, we vs them, theres noting wrong with the game.
I said it many times. Sure, throw me to the wolves but please fix the damn problem so theres noone else fall in this trap.

Feel like a idiot but try explan again.
CD-Keys and license key aint same. And when you isntall the game. Game ASK for CD-key. If blizzard just could change, it says use your license key. There would be no problem. Insted. People try use CD-key multiple times and get ban for over half months. Its stupid and so wrong!

I had hope for better response then this. -.-
Im big fan of blizzard, thats why this hurt even more. -.-

At the game Diablo 2 Lod. at multiplayer mode called Open Battle.net i’am allowed to use and is safe:offline trainers(cheats),maphacks,bots and especially the bot named Kolbot?