Overwatch 2 question

Will overwatch 2 be released as an upgrade of Overwatch 1 (with a reduced price like when you upgrade from standard edition to legendary), or will it be released as a full priced game?
I dont know if this information has been released, couldnt find it anywhere, would like to know to decide if its worth the purchase for me, since half of its content (PvP) will already be available in current server

Due to the lack of healers in overwatch 2 compared to the number of dps, Mei and Symmetra should switch categories and become support heroes. Right now their designs are based more on crowd control than actual damage. I don’t think it would be hard as the characters would not need much change to fit into the new role. Mei can generally stay the same except her left click would not do damage to enemies and only slow them down while being able to heal teammates with it instead. Her right-click can stay as it is to allow her the ability to poke at enemies. Symmetra’s turrets can be altered to provide healing for teammates instead of damage to enemies and her primary weapon can stay the same. Although these characters would be considered more class hybrids than healers they would cause for much more players to gravitate towards playing healers and balance role queue search times. In the end, these characters are balanced because being hybrids they can provide more damage for their teams but trade healing potential that could come from other support heroes in the class and can prove more valuable for a team.