Please enter a post-paid phone number

I bought the first Overwatch game back in 2018, and now Overwatch 2 is coming out in 2022. And Blizzard asks you to enter your phone number so you can play the game. If I try to add my own phone number (Ukrainian), it says, “Please enter a postpaid phone number.” I’m sorry, but I don’t have a second number. So what should I do? And why do I have to have such a bad experience because of you?

6 Likes

My wife is having the same, she bought Overwatch in another country and now she gets the same message, she also has the problem with changing region not working at all, very stupid stuff specially when Blizzard doesn’t have a problem charging your credit card ;).

6 Likes

I’m having the same things as an American citizen. I wanna know if there’s legal action that can be taken against a blatant discriminatory action.

5 Likes

Same goes for me, probably like 90% of phone numbers in Ukraine are pre-paid, and we cannot use them? That’s horrible customer experience, tbh. I’m not going to change my number or my entire plan to simply be able to play the game. And to think that I paid for Overwatch 1 and now can’t even play that :smiley:

3 Likes

Banana. I tried entering my wife’s phone number. And it worked! Maybe the problem is that I have 098 and she has 067?! But this does not change the fact that the blizzard has completely messed up…

2 Likes

I have the same issue I’m on cricket wireless in the us. Used to play back in the day but don’t have that account anymore so I’m literally f***ed. I’m not signing up for a new phone plan just to play. I feel bad for the ppl who brought the game and have these phone services and the teens who just want to play but parents dont provide phones plans. It’s asinine blizzard make a teen rated game and expects everyone to have contacted phone services. Shame on you blizzard.

1 Like

Hi,

Blizzard will be removing the SMS Protect requirement for existing players…

We have made the decision to remove phone number requirements for a majority of existing Overwatch players. Any Overwatch player with a connected Battle.net account, which includes all players who have played since June 9, 2021, will not have to provide a phone number to play. We are working to make this change and expect it to go live on Friday, October 7. We will update players once it is in effect.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/overwatch-2-known-issues-october-6-2022/694774

The change has not been made yet… so you will need to be a bit more patient.

Lol. Just wanted to try OW for the first time in my life but developers killed it on release because of this pos-paid thing. Maybe this is a good game but how can I find out? Just going back to Valorant. Thanks Blizzard. Russia is a terrorist state and free Azov

4 Likes

Hi,

This forum is for technical support on the Blizzard Classic Games — legacy games such as Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and Diablo II (2000).

Please use the Overwatch forums for all issues related to that game:

overwatch just sucks ass