Quest / Story Order Alts

Hello :slight_smile:

Just wanted to vent out my frustration.

I decided to level a new main (first time in a long time) and thought to level a shaman. Yay! As it is to be my main I wanted to do the story in order. I thought that when leaving exiles reach it will send me to SL (do a recap or something etc). Instead I got sent to BFA, which is fine. I decided to do BFA , SL and then DF.

To my surprise… the way you unlock story quests in BFA is not in … order? Once I did the main zone quests I was under level 50. I assumed I need to get to 50 so I grinded some mobs… but then it started the quests for… Nzoth which is 8.3… before 8.1 ? I had to Google to find out that 8.1 only unlocks at level 60? But when I am level 60… I am already at DF range… so if I would then finish all quests and start / finish SL I would be level 70…

So my choices are:

Skip SL and most of final story for BFA and have a char that has unfinished story in past xpacs;
Finish BF and SL fully and be level 70 for DF and over level every zone…

How do new players not get confused by this and the story? At some point during BFA the quests just stop… it doesn’t tell you that you need level 50 or something to continue. Why cant leveling stop at 50 in BFA and if you want to level further go to SL?

I am really confused about Blizzards decision to do it this way. So messy!