Sound 3D in Diablo 2

I want to use 3D sound in Diablo 2, but this option is unavailable (gray)
in game logs I see following line:
21:47:04.230 …DirectSound progress: 0 buffers available is less than min needed 16 buffers for 3d sound
thx for help

2 Likes

Hello gucio321!

The 3D sound and environmental audio options are based on very old features, namely EAX and the old Microsoft DirectSound3D libraries.

EAX was once upon a time available for certain specific sound cards, but has been abandoned a loooong time ago - around 2005 if memory serves, but don’t quote me on that please :stuck_out_tongue: - by the company that was developing it, and since then is no longer used. A similar story applies to DirectSound3D, those libraries have been deprecated a long time ago.

Modern operating systems and sound card drivers no longer have any kind of support for EAX and DirectSound3D, reason why games that can avail of those options have them disabled.

There is no workaround we can offer for this sadly, but I hope the information above can be helpful or interesting for you!

Hi Felranys
thx for info

i anm having simularissue but d2 auto enbled 3d sound and game wont launch

Hi,

Is this for the old Diablo II (2000) or is this for Diablo II: Resurrected ?

Hi
This is old diablo II . I have play this game but my faourite game is evil nun outwitt mod apk if you are interested in diablo 2 then you play evil nun outwitt mod apk must in my reccomendation. If you have to download action and horror apk and modded version games then you visit ApkFearAction