WC3 RoC/TfT won't start Windows 10

This same thing is happening to me and I cant find a answer anywhere after searching… There was never a solution posted to this problem and it was locked.

Im on windows 10 x64

After a long hiatus a wanted to play WC3 again today. I logged into my battle.net account and downloaded the client. Till now everything went smooth.
3GB later (once I checked the folder it is 1.9gb actually) the launcher said the update was successful (What update? I tried to install a game ?) and i am now ready to launch; the problem is that nothing happens. The launcher closes and goes straight to the desktop. No error message, no loading screen, not even a flicker.

Within the installation folder there’re only the launcher.exe, the wc3.exe and the editor.exe. the launcher starts the launcher screen with the writing “update complete” and only one button to launch, nothing to select. the wc3.exe does nothing (Opens and closes with in one second in task manager) and the editor refuses to work because apparently there are no keys registered to the installation… the client never asked for any keys. It also isn’t asking for a language when I first open it to install.

Good morning GhostTaco,

I am sorry to hear about your issue. Please try the steps from this article here to solve your issue.

Kind regards

Kiemmaki

What’s your opinion?