What will happen now with WoW after Microsoft aquisition?

Now that Activision Blizzard is bought over by Microsoft, what will this mean for the services for games like WoW and OverWatch? Will these games also be available on the Microsoft store or are we straight up forced to subscribe to the Microsoft store?
Will the Blizzard client still be a thing?
Like, what now :confused:

4 Likes

hust hust Hopefully career positions and community handling wonā€™t be that shitty as itā€™s now.

2 Likes

Absolutely nothing. For at least 12-18 months.

My guess, as WoW moves over to Game Pass, it would make sense for them to kill off all the subs and make you get Game Pass instead.

Outside of that, nothing will change for the games. Bar maybe BattleNet going.

I donā€™t know, but honestly, Iā€™m super excited about it! I can finally have an account without feeling guilty of being a supporter of a garbage company like ActivisionBlizzard and their rubbish decisions.

I have a feeling, though, that it has something to do with where we all are headedā€¦ the Metaverse. Iā€™m pretty much confident that releases such as Diablo 4 and a potential WoW v2.0 will have NTF Auction Houses on blockchains. Otherwise, thereā€™s no reason to make such an insane investment for such a shitty company.

Blizzard demonstrated to be the best ā€œDesktopā€ company in terms of monetization over the years. Looking at all the acquisitions, MS made recently; we can also see KING, a colossus for mobile monetization.

It wouldnā€™t be crazy to imagine a Projectā€™s release such as Titan with an NTF Auction House or a Diablo 4 PC and Mobile full NTF.

I guess we have to wait to see :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried to download Ascension, a private server wow game. My Microsoft laptop refused to download it saying it was unsafe software. Then a week later we hear that microshite is taking over Blizzard, it seems that microshite are already in control of wow.

Whatever happens, it sounds like it will be good.

I love WoW and intend to keep being dedicated. Some big changes are coming in the future though thatā€™s for sure.

Battle net client might go, it might not. Personally I like battle net, but as long as I can keep playing WoW Iā€™m happy :slight_smile:

Weā€™ll see what happens in the next year and a half.

Sorry , but i dont know(