Why are my CD keys of Diablo 1 and WarCraft 2 missing now?

Diablo 1 and WarCraft 2 are missing in my collection now, since they are downloadable via the launcher. I used to have my old CD Key for Diablo 1 and Warcraft 2 in my account similar to me still having the WC 3 and Diablo 2 CD keys in my account. Why are my CD keys of Diablo 1 and WarCraft 2 missing now? ANd can I have them back please?

The original Diablo (aka, Diablo I) never had a CD key. I still have the original CD and CD case here, and I’m able to install it simply by putting the CD in my CD-drive.

As far as the CD Key for Warcraft 2, it appears that it cannot be linked on the current Battle.Net; the following post provides some information:

Best of luck in your games !

My memory might be clouded by time. But I replayed Diablo 1 and WarCraft II, roughly 11 years ago. 2012 or 2013 was the year. And iIrc, I did not use the CD Drive to install it, as I haven’t owned a CD Drive for a while now and used the website of blizzard to download the install exe. But maybe I still owned a CD Drive, back then. And maybe I did install it that way.

But this is not me talking back to you. Your response is as thorough and informed as it can be. It gave me all the necessary information to process this situation. I the link you posted someone said that Blizz doesn’t have the technology no more to process old CD Keys, which can’t be true, since Diablo II and Warcraft III plus their respective addons are also still linked in my legacy collection of my BNet Acc. MAybe Blizz is lazy or tries to make money off of nostalgia. Maybe the D 1 and WC II keys really can’t be read by modern BNet, while WCIII and DII keys can be read. I dont know.

I would have played WC II for the nostalgia feels for some hours, maybe even the full campaign. Especially since the WoW Burning Crusade areas resemble some areas of “Beyond the Dark Portal”. But not if I will have to buy another copy of it.
Maybe I am just growing older and more remorseful with life overall. I mean its only 10 bucks. Gosh… I dont know…