Why my HotS was banned?

Hello. Blizzard representatives banned my access to the game without providing me any evidence of any crime nor even mentioning what kind of crime it was. In the email they stated ‘‘just because’’. As i understood it was banned because i did not bought skins so i am not valuable player to the company. I would like to know the reason behind this action.

I find that hard to believe… the e-mail will normally provide a general idea of what the fault was. Blizzard won’t, however, provide “evidence” of what you did.

In any case, nothing can be done on the forums… you’ll have to contact Blizzard with a ticket and appeal the decision if you think the ban is an error:
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/2012/ticket

3 Likes

Actually, he’s right.
Currently, they don’t give you any reason.
I was banned in OW2 without explanation for 14 days. I’m 99% certain it was because of salty team mates reporting me for throwing or something and their automated ban system just banned me.

My email reads as follows, with a large gap between the “action taken” and “Suspension expires” lines. There is no explanation.
And when you APPEAL these things, they are AUTO rejecting most appeals. Mine has been outstanding for 5 days now. FIVE of the 14 days i was banned for nothing.

Game: Overwatch

Action Taken: We have temporarily suspended access to this Overwatch account.

Suspension expires on: 2024-03-15 09:09

You will not have access to your Overwatch account during this time. This behavior detracts from the game environment and violates Blizzard’s Code of Conduct.

As the owner of this account, you are responsible for all actions associated with it. We will only overturn penalties if there is evidence of a compromised account or similar extenuating circumstances.

Regards,

Customer Support
Blizzard Entertainment

You’re not going to get more details than that… it’s unfortunate, but that’s the way it is with Blizzard at this time. They used to give players more info such as “Abusive Chat” or “Use of 3rd Party software”… and, in the case of inappropriate language, going as far as quoting the objectionable part of the conversation. But it looks like they stopped doing that.

But at least you get an indication of why… unlike what OP reported:

I will also remind you that discussing disciplinary actions is against the Forum Code of Conduct.

Discussion account actions on the forums is a violation of the Forum Code of Conduct. In case you already appealed and received a final answer the account action will not be changed anymore.