I started playing WoW Retail on my MacBook Air (2017) last wednesday. Since then I’ve been getting freezes and crashes in every dungeon I’ve played. It hasn’t happened a single time when playing overworld content, like leveling and questing. I have tried everything and scoured the forums for a possible solution, but none of them have worked for me… The issue seems to happen when theres a lot going on, like in bossfights with huge AoE’s. It does happen from time to time with simple mobs as well, but mostly in bossfights.
What happens is my screen freezes up, but sound is still playing. Some times i can tab out of the game and do other stuff on my Mac. On a rare occasion my whole Mac freeze up and I have to force shut it. The freezes usually last for about 10 seconds, but sometimes longer.
List of things I’ve tried:
- Disabling all addons / deleted and re-downloaded the addons
- This includes disabling them one by one to see if its a specific addon causing trouble
- Playing on the lowest quality possible
- Reinstall the game entirely
- Scan and Repair on the Battle. net app
- Reset my mac’s SMC (twice, because I didn’t know if I did it correctly)
- Cleaned up my harddrive etc.
- Closed all applications while playing
- And of course I’ve tried turning it off and on again…
Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated, because I’m clueless!